“Saved money and got great service!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Lindside, West Virginia
“Saved money and got great service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Recently stayed one night while in town on business. Paid about half what the famous downtown hotel wanted. The room was satisfactory (about average), bur the sheets and bedspread were ancient and need to be replaced. Best part of the stay was when I left my briefcase behind, and the desk clerk Travis managed to find out my cell number and called me before I left town. Inside was my computer and irreplaceable records. In general the staff was very friendly and helpful with any other need I had. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to give great customer service and go above and beyond the standard for guests. We do apololgize for not having the new bedding in yet as we are still finishing up renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Upper Marlboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The hotel is undergoing renovations. Let me tell you about the good: the staff is very accommodating; the room I had was spacious (2-queen bed suite with sitting room); two TVs and two toilets - one each in the bedroom and one each in the sitting area; close to shopping and eateries; easy on/off the highway. Because it was undergoing renovation and workers tramping through the area, dust seemed to be everywhere. The renovated rooms still needed some tweeking but a call to the front desk had the management doing everything they could to correct any problem. My group had eight rooms and I didn't get any complaints from them. The better news for this hotel is if you don't mind a little dust AND you want to be treated like you are the most important guest that this hotel will ever receive - this is the place for you. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your insight into the hotel! It was a pleasure to get to meet your bowling group and I do apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered. I have a wonderful staff in place here at Sleep Inn Tanglewood. We are excited about the continuing development of the hotel and believe that every time you come back the experience will be even better! We have many more upgrades coming and hope to see you anytime you come to the Roanoke Valley!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Although undergoing some renovation, the hotel was very nice. Did not have the sleeper sofa as advertised, but a rollaway bed was made available immediately. Breakfast was great, many choices to please everyone's pallet. Room had some things I would liked to not be like they were, like some electrical switches/plugs that needed attention and the shower head is for people only under five feet tall. Overall though we had a great stay and will more than likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Booking a month in advance and paying at the booking time really gave us a much better experience an...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed there for one night to break up a two day drive. Clearly we were tired and wanted to be out of the car, but not this bad. I called a sister hotel which was ranked high on TripAdvisor, but when they didn't have availability, they suggested this hotel. I should have done my research and looked back at the hotel rankings. While the room was very large, as promised, it was old, dirty, and rundown. No bugs, but exposed electrical work, thin mattresses, stained bathrooms, and dusty walls abounded. A few positives- the front desk staff was very, very nice when we checked in. So helpful I felt bad having to write an honest review of the establishment. They also had a basic breakfast that satisfied two kids, and it was free. Also, the room was cheap. Lesson learned though, I will not be so impulsive next time when my first choice isn't available.

Stayed December 2013
Bellmawr, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting the sites in Roanoke and to attend the NASCAR race in Martinsville. The room was ok. nothing special. Could hear the person above me walk around. If you are on the first floor make sure your window is locked. The hallway could use a good cleaning breakfast area was good and clean. Also there was no elevator. just stairs for the 1st and 3rd floor guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked online at their website. The room was discounted 15% if we paid in advance, in full , no refunds or cancellations. We booked a nonsmoking queen for 2 nights. When we got there, they said all they would give us was a small, older room with 1 double bed ... no queen. We would not get a refund if we left and could not cancel. Even though we had a confirmation email clearly stating a "queen". . Be careful... it is "bait and switch " if you book online!

Room Tip: Can not select room f online, they bait and switch
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I travel a lot and im a choice platinum rewards member. I have stayed in about 100 hotels this year. This was the first time I asked to change rooms. It smelled like dogs live in the room. I own dogs, and the smell hit me like a brick when I walked in. I was able to change rooms, next room is very dirty, curtains don't close, turned on ac and the whole plastic cover fell right off, bedding looks like it came from salvation army, Pillows have zero support and should have been replaced long ago, like everyone else says the carpet in the hall is nasty with powder lining the halls with stained carpets. I should have turned and left after seeing how sorry the lobby looked. I stay at choice hotels because they are usually kept well and keep me within my expense allowance. This is my first time rating anything on here. Im not one to complain over a single incident or having a rude clerk because things happen, id go elsewhere until these so called "Renevations" are completed.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Sleep Inn Tanglewood? Share your experiences!