“3 Night Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Bellmawr, New Jersey
“3 Night Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting the sites in Roanoke and to attend the NASCAR race in Martinsville. The room was ok. nothing special. Could hear the person above me walk around. If you are on the first floor make sure your window is locked. The hallway could use a good cleaning breakfast area was good and clean. Also there was no elevator. just stairs for the 1st and 3rd floor guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked online at their website. The room was discounted 15% if we paid in advance, in full , no refunds or cancellations. We booked a nonsmoking queen for 2 nights. When we got there, they said all they would give us was a small, older room with 1 double bed ... no queen. We would not get a refund if we left and could not cancel. Even though we had a confirmation email clearly stating a "queen". . Be careful... it is "bait and switch " if you book online!

Room Tip: Can not select room f online, they bait and switch
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I travel a lot and im a choice platinum rewards member. I have stayed in about 100 hotels this year. This was the first time I asked to change rooms. It smelled like dogs live in the room. I own dogs, and the smell hit me like a brick when I walked in. I was able to change rooms, next room is very dirty, curtains don't close, turned on ac and the whole plastic cover fell right off, bedding looks like it came from salvation army, Pillows have zero support and should have been replaced long ago, like everyone else says the carpet in the hall is nasty with powder lining the halls with stained carpets. I should have turned and left after seeing how sorry the lobby looked. I stay at choice hotels because they are usually kept well and keep me within my expense allowance. This is my first time rating anything on here. Im not one to complain over a single incident or having a rude clerk because things happen, id go elsewhere until these so called "Renevations" are completed.

• Stayed October 2013
Vinton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Before I checked in at The Sleep Inn /Tanglewood I was at another choice hotel "that wasn't my best choice" I couldn't wait to check out of The Roadway Inn on Orange Ave/460. I viewed The Sleep Inn online and liked what I saw but after Roadway I felt a doghouse would do..lol
Well I made a excellent Choice with this Choice Hotel! Can't express how comfortable I was..Yet what also stood out was a employee named Jared. ? I mention my Roadway experience and that young man put me at ease and gave me such outstanding customer service, even went to my room to see that things were correct himself. He really went the extra mile not just on day one but continue right into day two..
My faith is restored in ChoiceHotels.

• Stayed October 2013
Clintwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked two nights at this hotel through Expedia (I recommend this), which was the best deal we could find in the area with interior rooms and it conveniently ended up being only 2.5 miles from the conference. It was a pretty good experience considering the deal we got. When we first arrived, there was a strong smell of smoke in our non-smoking room (219), so I went to tell the desk worker and she quickly moved us to another room. The new room (214) smelled fresh and clean upon entering. I checked out the two most important things to me, the bathroom and the sheets, and both appeared to be clean so we were satisfied. There are some signs of age and wear and tear with the furniture and stains on the hallway carpet, but to be fair there is a sign in the front of the lobby that states that the hotel is under renovations. There is some evidence of mold STAINING around the shower door from past mold, but not actual present mold. It's hard to keep shower doors clean anyway, and it appears that this may have been an issue for this hotel in the past but I understand that they are under new management. You can hear other folks move about the hotel, but that kind of thing doesn't annoy me. I liked the layout of the room. I slept very soundly and the complementary breakfast selection was very nice.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have problems with stairs, request a lower room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Was riding the Blue Ridge Parkway all day, needed a place to stay for the night, and not too expensive. Was pleasenty surprised. The room was clean and comfortable staff was friendly. Breakfast was great. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

however, I think they have and will be renovating for a good while! It's off the beaten path and I don't think I'll stay there again. The gentleman across the hall was on his third room that night! Good breakfast choices, staff was very friendly and other than that, the hotel didn't have much going for it.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, I'd ask for a first floor room if you have trouble ambulating.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn Tanglewood? Share your experiences!