This was my first Sleep Inn experience and I came away favorably impressed with this location.
1. The room was clean and comfortable, no strange smells and adequately furnished with a television, microwave, mini-refrigerator, iron and ironing board. It had good lighting in the right places and a quiet A/C and heating unit that kept the room at a nice, even temperature. The decor is a bit dated and could stand some refurbishing in a few spots but there was nothing unsightly about my third-floor room.
2. The bed was very comfortable and linens were clean and fresh-smelling. I had no trouble getting a good night's sleep.
3. The bath was shower only but the shower stall was not at all cramped. There was plenty of hot water. The separate vanity area had a large mirror, hair dryer and basic toiletries. Plenty of towels, replaced daily in spite of my hanging them on the towel racks
4. The breakfast room itself was a bit Spartan looking, but the food selection was quite surprising in its variety: eggs and sausage, bagels, biscuits (and gravy, even!), yogurt, fresh fruit, small pastries and donuts, and a waffle maker were easily accessible. Coffee, milk and several fruit juices completed the menu. No, there wasn't a chef standing by to custom-prepare your favorite whites-only-with-goat-cheese-and-organic-herbs omelet, but...this IS a hotel for the budget-minded, after all. I've no complaints about the breakfasts.
5. The people at reception were very friendly from check-in until check-out. I never passed by their work stations without receiving a smile and a friendly greeting. And I never saw the reception desk without an employee, which gave me a sense of reasonable security.
6. Overall atmosphere was about average. My room was close to the top of the stairway from the lobby so at night I could hear muffled conversation and incoming phone calls, but this never happened past 10PM so again I have no real complaint, although next time I think I'll ask for a room a bit farther down the hall. There was no noticeable traffic noise, no slamming doors, nothing that was a true disturbance. The hotel's location isn't in the prettiest part of Roanoke so the view wasn't anything memorable, but the hotel really can't do much about that.
It's not luxurious, it's quite basic. It's not a resort setting, it's an economical hotel. But all in all my three nights were comfortable, enjoyable and fit easily within a frugal budget.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn Tanglewood Hotel
- Sleep Inn Tanglewood Hotel Roanoke
- Sleep Inn Roanoke
- Roanoke Sleep Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Otel, Venere, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sleep Inn Tanglewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.