“Great place to stop on Parkway” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Mississippi
“Great place to stop on Parkway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had a good stay, clean and comfortable, easy access from Blue Ridge Pkwy. Front desk very nice and knowledgeable of the area. Gave great info on places to eat close by. Room was quiet, clean, beds were great. The lady over the breakfast in the lobby was great. She talked with the customers, kept the area spotless, could tell she had pride in her work.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
CHRIS_FRANCISCO, Customer Care at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you kindly for your great feedback concerning your stay. We do strive to provide all guests top quality Customer Service and I'm glad to see that you received that! Next time you are traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway, be sure to stop back in and take full advantage of our soon to be fully Renovated hotel! Thank you again for your Positive Feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Purcellville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The moment we walked into the lobby, the smell of cigarette smoke was strong. We had a non-smoking room, and the room itself actually didn't smell like smoke, but the entire lobby and hallway was smoke infested. The biggest complaint I have is the they put the exercise room on the second floor ABOVE guest rooms, which happened to be above us. It sounded like a herd of elephants in that room and when I called to complain, they said it was the exercise room and that the room was open 24 hours! What moron puts an exercise room on the second floor? DON'T stay in room 228!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CHRIS_FRANCISCO, Customer Care at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your Comment "Rgarib". We do have a Issue with the excersise room being on the top floor, with that being said we are in the process of moving the fitness room to the main floor. I'm sorry that you encountered this issue during your stay. If you pass through Roanoke again, We would love to have the opportunity to make it up to you.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Although I usually try to stay in a Hampton, Hyatt or Marriott when staying in a chain, I gave this Sleep Inn a chance late one night. It was in a good location, but still seemed quiet. The room was clean and fairly large, but did have a tiny bathroom (shower only).

The bedding was nice and comfortable, and the room was quiet. There were plenty of cable channels available, and the room had a microwave and mini-fridge.

Although not fancy in any way, I was happy with the room and the low price made it a good value. It was easily $50 less than the Fairfield Inn I'd stayed in the previous night.

For travelers with special requests -- the hotel does have smoking rooms available, and will allow one pet for a $25 per night charge. All the pet rooms are located together, I believe.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you "Wearywriter" we greatly appreciate you giving us the Opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs. I'm very pleased to see that your stay was a good one, and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future when our Renovations are complete.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

You know it is bad when you have guests threatning to sleep in the lobby because the room was so bad and the staff was adamant about not changing them. No heat in rooms? Stale biscuits, two thermoses of coffee for more than 40 people, stale cereal is what you can expect from the continental breakfast. Rooms are filthy, obviously not cleaned well. There was coffee stains and food crumbs in my room. Staff was apathetic. I've traveled a lot and this was the worst by far. I've stayed in hotels in developing nations that were much higher in standards than here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
To be exact on this specific Review. This was actually a Tour Group that came in with an exact total of Rooms reserved through the Manager of the Tour Company. When arriving close to 10:00PM on a night that we were sold out, They failed to call and add a few extra rooms to accommodate the extra people that were added to their tour at the last minute.

Although we were sold out on this night, We did have one room that was down for maintenance due to the Heating unit needing repaired. This was during the Winter season and we would never expect anyone to sleep in a Freezing room nor would we want them too. After getting the guest checked in, we made it a priority to go and purchase a Heater to keep the room comfortable throughout the night.

As for the remarks directed to the Breakfast, I feel that they were a bit stretched. I am glad to say though that just recently we have completely updated our breakfast bar from Continental to a Full Hot Breakfast. Some of our newest items include but are not limited too Make your own Waffle Machine, Biscuits and gravy, Sausage Patties, Eggs, Variety of Cereal, and much more!

I can not say that this Review gives anyone a real picture of what we here at Sleep Inn stand for. So come in today and stay with us and see for yourself what our hotel and staff have to offer you!
Sudbury, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Staff tried to help, but there was no saving this hotel. We checked in, I noticed it was older and less kept up than when I stayed here years ago, but nothing to really get upset about. Until we saw the back of the bathroom door. It was one of those sliding doors, and it was jammed tight into the wall. We pulled it out...and it was covered about halfway up with black mold. I'm allergic to mold, but if it's a small amount in the grout of the shower stall or something, it doesn't affect me and I'm not bothered. This was 3 feet of mold. I had hives within half an hour. We had to wash all our clothes in the hotel we wound up staying at, to get the spores out. Fan/AC/heat unit was also loud and full of dust. Disgusting... Actually unsettled me for the rest of our 3 week road trip; I didn't believe a hotel could be let go that badly and still in business before. Had us checking rooms top to bottom for mold for WEEKS!

Room Tip: I suppose some of the rooms must be alright--the hotel was booked solid (due to a Virginia Tech game...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you "Ladylucky49" we greatly appreciate your review. I'm happy to say that since your stay here at Sleep Inn we not only have began a full Renovation but also have all new Hotel Management and Staff! I'm glad to say that the issues that you have mentioned in this review has gladly been taken care of. I'm sorry for all the issues that you encountered during your stay, We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things up to you! If you ever travel through Roanoke, Please do stop by and allow us to take good care of you!
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The staff really did not seem too interested in any of the requests made on my reservation. Or any requests at check in. Couldn't, or wouldn't, change my room to a higher floor, or to a quieter room. Was not interested in helping me enjoy my stay. The carpet in the halls was gross. There was a huge water stain in the lobby ceiling. The bed was acceptable.

Room Tip: Stay else where.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you "Gulliver4u" for your Review! We are currently in the process of Renovating our hotel, and I'm very happy to say that we are working under new Management as well as all New Staff. So if you do pass through Roanoke in the Near future we hope you will stop by and give us another chance for your Lodging needs. I'm sure it will be more of a Enjoyable Stay!
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is less expensive than any I priced in the area and newer and nicer as well! Front desk for check-in was very nice and accommodating. Calling to front desk with a different clerk wasn't as nice or accommodating, so they lose a point for that. Otherwise, very clean, great centralized, convenient and safe location, ample parking.

Room Tip: I prefer a room further away from the main highway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
CHRIS_FRANCISCO, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for the Review. We are very pleased to see that your stay with us was a good one!

Been to Sleep Inn Tanglewood? Share your experiences!