“Seemed much better than a chain restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 133 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: In the tradition of Italy's trattorias, the sight, sounds and aromas of authentic Italian cuisine are recreated fresh everyday at Il Fornaio. Literally "the baker" in Italian, Il Fornaio offers wood-fired rotisserie and grilled meats, poultry and game; housemade and imported pastas; pizzas from a wood burning oven; fresh salads and housemade soups; antipasti and a wide variety of desserts made daily from scratch. The first two weeks of each month a special menu from a different region of Italy is featured as part of Festa Regionale.
Sunapee, New Hampshire
“Seemed much better than a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a group of 12 diners with a reservation and we were seated promptly.Everyone commented on the excellent quality of the food and wine. I had a special that included antipasta, salad, main entre' and desert for an incrdible $29.00. Everything was very good but the main dish of Gnochi with wild boar was exceptional. The gnochi was sauteed after steaming which gave it a nice nutty flavor. The service matched the meal and the price it was excellent!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buon Giorno Claude,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor,We are thrilled that your experience at Il Fornaio Reston was outstanding and memorable. I have shared your positive sentiments with our team who were elated about the good work they strive to deliver on a daily basis.
Please make sure to ask for me or anyone on our management team on your next visit so we can thank you in person!

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Surprisingly good and consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This particular restaurant is quite remarkable for a chain restaurant. The place is always busy but never disappoints. Great service, great value and great food.

I went here last night with several clients. The place was packed and we had no reservations. We waited at the bar for less than 15 minutes. BTW, the bar is quite a scene and the bartenders handle the stress with aplomb.

We had a really good table, excellent and attentive waitress and a fabulous evening. Count me as a regular when in Reston

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Buon Giorno Claude,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled that your experience at Il Fornaio Reston was outstanding and memorable. I have shared your positive sentiments with our team who were elated about the good work they strive to deliver on a daily basis.

California, U.S.A.
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Corte Madera Il Fornaio restaurant for many years and have never been disappointed with the consistently good food and service.

Today, Good Friday, was very busy everywhere, but we snagged a very comfortable booth at about 1:30 pm, and had a very relaxing lunch.

Their bread was warm with four different varieties, served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

My husband had the special of the day, ling cod with vegetables, beautifully served, and the fish almost melted in his mouth, he said.

I had the wheat pasta dish with vegetables and large thinly sliced pieces of hard shaved cheese topping it, not mixed in in a melting mess. The pasta was wonderful - wheat pasta can be sticky and paste-like, but this was light and delicious.

We did not want dessert, but had cappuccino with non-fat milk!

The menu shows the calories for each dish and offers a smaller and larger size portion. We ordered the large size and bought half home for an easy and delicious meal the next day.

The wine list is very good with some half-bottles and good wines by the glass.

Not inexpensive, it is a place to enjoy a very good meal and a place to go for a birthday or anniversary celebration.

This is a "chain" restaurant, and when we visit other cities that have an Il FornIo restaurant, we will go there, and have never been disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

los angeles
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food was OK. I was hoping to be wowed by the food and found it to be very average and a bit pricey. Service was OK, not great considering all the nice reviews I had read about. Beautiful decor and the Calamari was excellent. I have had much better food at other Italian restaurants so I cannot recommend ll Fornaio.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about your experience at Il Fornaio in Reston. We strive to provide a great experience for every guest and appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention.

I have spoken with our Team members the importance of following the recipies. We would like to invite you and a guest to come in again at no cost to see for yourself that we have taken your feedback seriously and that we are capable of providing a much better dining experience.
Please contact me directly if you are open to revisiting our restaurant.

jbarajas@ilfo.com
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Italian food and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Il Fornaio is located in the Reston Town Center, just outside Washington, DC. I was there on business and several of us had dinner due to its convenient location, near our hotel. The restaurant was packed on a weekday night so I highly recommend making a reservation. The food was good with traditional dishes, like pasta, done very well. The pizza is done in an hot oven, in alignment with the name. The wine list was long but prices seemed too high for a visitor. The service was good with the waiter trying (unsuccessfully) to sell us on overpriced anti pasto.

• 4 of 5 stars Food