“Just "OK"” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 129 Restaurants in Reston
DETBoulder
“Just "OK"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was staying in a hotel nearby and ate here two nights in a row.

On the first night I ordered soup and salad to go one night, and both the salad and the chicken soup were very good. I was disappointed that they did not include bread with my order.

The next night I ate here and ordered pizza, which was really bad. There was too mach sauce, and I had to lift up the cheese and scrape off the excess. The sauce wasn't very good at all, and the crust became soggy because of all of the sauce.

Service here was inconsistent. The takeout staff was very friendly, but in the restaurant, the staff was very inexperienced and twice forgot to bring me parts of my meal. I had to wait for someone to bring me salad dressing, which they forgot, and by the time the dressing came, my meal was being served.

I'd say that like most chains these days, the food is way over-priced for the quality and service you receive.

Visited March 2013

“Good for the family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Inexpensive, good food, reliable service and consistent. You know what you are going to get when you eat here, no surprises just basic good Italian American food.

Visited November 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Great downhome italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is never disappointing. Cooking just like your italian mother-in-law makes. Casual, family. comfortable.

Visited February 2013
“Best Italian in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Carrabba's has outstanding service to go with it's excellent food. The prices are beyond reasonable and you certainly get your money's worth with taste and portion! I love to eat at the pasta bar where you get a free "show" watching the cooks (and normally get a free sample while waiting for your order). Also, mostly known to regulars - the pasta bar is first come, first serve seating. Many times we have walked right by scores of people waiting and sat right down. I personally think they are the best seats in the house.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I ordere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I ordered from Carrabba's twice while I stayed at a nearby hotel and the meals were delicious. Had the veal and scallops one day and lasagna the other. The ingredients were fresh and it felt like I was eating home-cooked meals. Thumbs up

Visited October 2012