I have been coming here for a long time and have never had a problem. Pizza always was good. Went for lunch and had a pizza, like I always order, and there was something with the food station that did not take precautions for allergy- I am deathly allergic to shellfish and had a reactionso severe which sent me to the emergency room for five hours. This was the only meal I had so I know it was the food that was the problem.
When I called them the next day, they sounded apologetic, and some other manager called me. I asked to please talk to the owner, who never called me. They MUST be more concerned about potential shellfish allergies- I had such a severe reaction that I cannot ever go back. Luckily I was able to get to the hospital very quickly.
Also, they never called me back to see how I was doing, or asked me for my address or anything. I would have expected much better and they could at least have offered to pay for my meal which made me so deathly sick. I would NEVER go here if I have any allergies, as their supposed precautions are obviously not followed and shellfish allergies are not uncommon, so they should take this much more seriously than they have. Very disappointing.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
December 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I'm very sorry you weren't pleased with our response. As you know, I was out of town when you had this unfortunate experience but as soon as our GM told me about it, I had our Director of Marketing follow up with you - all within hours of receiving your call. Please know that we do take ALL food allergies very seriously and we take precautions in our kitchen to minimize any cross contamination. We also ask our guests, as indicated on our menus and menu board, to let us know if they have any particular food allergies so we can be sure to address their particular allergy and, if possible, take even more precautions. Most of our kitchen is an "open" kitchen and guests can watch for themselves to see that we're observing all necessary and appropriate safety procedures when it comes to food handling. However, despite taking all possible precautions, it's unfortunately impossible for us to guarantee that there will be absolutely no cross contamination. I can assure you that our Director of Marketing reported back to me as soon as she finished speaking with you and we were immediately in touch with our GM who spoke to his staff to confirm all safety procedures were being followed to minimize cross contamination.
Report response as inappropriate
I apologize again for your unfortunate dining experience with us. I believe our Director of Marketing encouraged you to identify yourself to our Manager if you decided to dine with us again. Should you do so, you can be assured that we'll do everything possible to regain your patronage as a loyal customer.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.