“Highly recommend!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Description: Cafesano serves fresh Mediterranean cuisine in an upscale cafe environment located on Lake Thoreau in the South Lakes Village Center in Reston, Virginia. Our hours are from 11-9 Monday through Saturday and 11-8 on Sunday. Enjoy our freshly made Pizza, Mezza, Panini, Wraps, Salads and Kabobs. There is also a selection of beer and wine. Our patio overlooks Lake Thoreau and there is ample parking. Cafesano. Tastes good. Feels good.
Bluemont, Virginia
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have never been disappointed with the quality of the food and service at this restaurant. Their pizza is the best I’ve ever had (and I have high standards for good pizza!). The food is always fresh and tasty. When I first discovered Cafesano I was a bit leery about how good it would be because they offer pizza, kabobs, pasta, hummus, wraps, soups and salads as I’ve eaten at a lot of places that offer a wide variety but none of it is good. Well, this place is definitely different! I am always pleasantly surprised by how good everything is that I've gotten here. The pizza and hummus are my favorite. The kabobs are very good too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Crowded, undercooked rice, too many onions, long wait”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am never going back to this place again and neither should you. I came in around 12:45 PM on a weekday, ordered kafta kabob platter. After fighting for seats and having one argument with a fellow patron about whether his hat was an appropriate placeholder, I got my food 15 minutes later.
The meat was cooked properly, but I suspect the kafta kabob contained some lamb, which the lady at the counter adamantly told me no it doesn't. I believed her and ate my lunch. The rice was so undercooked that it was difficult to chew. I spoke to the manager about it and she assured me the basmati rice was cooked properly. Then why can I not cut the grain of rice with my fork? Is this your version of basmati aldente?
Realizing that my plea for chewable rice was going to be ignored, I finished the onion heavy salad and roasted vegetables.
I would never go back here again, for $12 and a long wait, I should be able to get cooked rice at least. Stick with Reston Kabob, better food and you might actually find a seat.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Paul S, Owner at Cafesano, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review and please accept our apology for the unsatisfactory service you received. The experience you had is certainly not the Cafesano "standard" and I'll be reviewing your comments with our General Manager to insure other guests don't receive the same disappointing service. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with a memorable dining experience -- I'm sorry we did not meet our goal and I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you.
Reston, Virginia USA
“Our go-to place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It's great to find a go-to place you know will always be a good experience. Cafesano has been our family's go-to place for years. Really good mediterranean food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices, fairly quick service (you order at the counter and then wait at your table for them to bring it to you, though sometimes it can be a bit slow if they're crowded). This is the place we always go to before any evening activity, whether it's a school event for the kids or going to the movies.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stuttgart, Germany
“Good Value, Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The salads were excellent, Mediterranean entrees good and pizza average. Cafeteria type ordering with the dishes brought to the table. Good, casual dining in an comfortable atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

You could easily drive right past Casfesano in its strip mall location, but don't. It's a great little place for a light lunch or dinner, with nicely prepared paninis, salads, pizzas, and some entrees. The first time I was here, I wasn't expecting to have to stand in line to place my order, but service is very quick, efficient and pleasant, and your food is brought to the table in minutes. Prices are very reasonable as well, with dinner for three only costing about $12 per person including non-alcoholic beverages (they also serve beer and wine, but we're not drinkers). We're sure to become regulars here!

• Visited September 2013