“Worst customer service & food today” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch
Reston, Virginia
“Worst customer service & food today”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I haven't been to La Madeleine French Bakery & Café in Reston in a year. My husband and I went there for lunch today @ 1:15 pm. They were busy, but it was the WORST food and service I've ever experienced. None of the vacant tables had been cleaned so there was no place to dine in without removing other customers plates & glassware before dining in. I ordered a spinach salad with chicken. After one bite I couldn't eat it. The chicken tasted odd and looked more like shredded beef. When I got back in line to exchange the salad for a bowl of soup, When I asked for a soup spoon I was told they didn't have any at the time to come back later. The cashier didn't know what to do. I blame the management for overall hiring employees that didn't seem to care about customer service! I won't be returning anytime soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice warm fire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We called in for desert as a family group of 8 aged 5 to over times that age. A good selection of deserts, nice coffee and a great warm fire on an icy cold December night. We'll go back.

Visited December 2013
Saginaw, Michigan
“...watch the world go by in Reston, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe in Reston, VA is extra special to us as that was where we were enjoying a wonderful breakfast when we were told our first granddaughter was on the way, no really, on the w-a-y down the birth canal. I am not one to eat 'strange' stuff so when this place was suggested to me I was not impressed with the thought, but I have since returned to this restaurant on several occasions. The food is very tasty and there is a reasonable amount of it (which is unusual from my experiences with French food). It has a fireplace to set and drink coffee and in the warmer months you can find a place outside and watch the world go by.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great french bakery/dining establishment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite french bakeries and prefer eating here over panera bread or corner bakery. They have a variety of pastries that are fantastic, but I mainly go there for lunch and or dinner. There's several pasta platters and salads to choose from. Their chicken friand with mushroom sauce is tasty and my favorite salads are the ceaser salad with chicken or the strawberry spinach salad with chicken. I also think that the ingredients are healthier. My favorite soups here are the tomato basil and french onion soup.

Visited November 2013
Great Falls, Virginia
“Always enjoyable...and the best coconut cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you love french country decor and sitting by the fire like I do then you will love this place. It is served quasi cafeteria style where you can get some foods up front and/or order and pay for the rest that they make and bring to your table. They have always been very friendly every time I have gone there. It is a great place to go just to have coffee and sit by the fire...although you would have trouble passing up their many wonderful desserts, coffee and food. I love the potato galatin. Wonderful! The have really good oatmeal with many different yummy toppings...but it's popular and they have ran out of it several times. Amazingly good french coffee...the best coconut cake ever! Also, all the bread, butter and jam....to help yourself to...ok........ that is rather risky...if you are on a diet...but so good!

• Visited November 2013