“...watch the world go by in Reston, VA” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Saginaw, Michigan
“...watch the world go by in Reston, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe in Reston, VA is extra special to us as that was where we were enjoying a wonderful breakfast when we were told our first granddaughter was on the way, no really, on the w-a-y down the birth canal. I am not one to eat 'strange' stuff so when this place was suggested to me I was not impressed with the thought, but I have since returned to this restaurant on several occasions. The food is very tasty and there is a reasonable amount of it (which is unusual from my experiences with French food). It has a fireplace to set and drink coffee and in the warmer months you can find a place outside and watch the world go by.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Reston, Virginia
“Great french bakery/dining establishment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite french bakeries and prefer eating here over panera bread or corner bakery. They have a variety of pastries that are fantastic, but I mainly go there for lunch and or dinner. There's several pasta platters and salads to choose from. Their chicken friand with mushroom sauce is tasty and my favorite salads are the ceaser salad with chicken or the strawberry spinach salad with chicken. I also think that the ingredients are healthier. My favorite soups here are the tomato basil and french onion soup.

Visited November 2013
Great Falls, Virginia
“Always enjoyable...and the best coconut cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you love french country decor and sitting by the fire like I do then you will love this place. It is served quasi cafeteria style where you can get some foods up front and/or order and pay for the rest that they make and bring to your table. They have always been very friendly every time I have gone there. It is a great place to go just to have coffee and sit by the fire...although you would have trouble passing up their many wonderful desserts, coffee and food. I love the potato galatin. Wonderful! The have really good oatmeal with many different yummy toppings...but it's popular and they have ran out of it several times. Amazingly good french coffee...the best coconut cake ever! Also, all the bread, butter and jam....to help yourself to...ok........ that is rather risky...if you are on a diet...but so good!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“One of our favorite spots!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love to come to this restaurant. The sandwiches are great, and the french toast is to die for. We love the free sample bread and the cozy atmosphere. When in Reston, we always try to stop by this place. Our kids like it as well.

Visited September 2013
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I always love this place. The guy at the front door taking orders was particularly friendly with great humor. The food came quick, it was delicious as usual.