“Great french bakery/dining establishment” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Reston, Virginia
“Great french bakery/dining establishment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite french bakeries and prefer eating here over panera bread or corner bakery. They have a variety of pastries that are fantastic, but I mainly go there for lunch and or dinner. There's several pasta platters and salads to choose from. Their chicken friand with mushroom sauce is tasty and my favorite salads are the ceaser salad with chicken or the strawberry spinach salad with chicken. I also think that the ingredients are healthier. My favorite soups here are the tomato basil and french onion soup.

Visited November 2013

Great Falls, Virginia
“Always enjoyable...and the best coconut cake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you love french country decor and sitting by the fire like I do then you will love this place. It is served quasi cafeteria style where you can get some foods up front and/or order and pay for the rest that they make and bring to your table. They have always been very friendly every time I have gone there. It is a great place to go just to have coffee and sit by the fire...although you would have trouble passing up their many wonderful desserts, coffee and food. I love the potato galatin. Wonderful! The have really good oatmeal with many different yummy toppings...but it's popular and they have ran out of it several times. Amazingly good french coffee...the best coconut cake ever! Also, all the bread, butter and jam....to help yourself to...ok........ that is rather risky...if you are on a diet...but so good!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“One of our favorite spots!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love to come to this restaurant. The sandwiches are great, and the french toast is to die for. We love the free sample bread and the cozy atmosphere. When in Reston, we always try to stop by this place. Our kids like it as well.

Visited September 2013
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I always love this place. The guy at the front door taking orders was particularly friendly with great humor. The food came quick, it was delicious as usual.

Reston, Virginia
“Tasty Food, Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I attended a bridal shower for a friend held at La Madeleine. Even though I have lived in the area for years, I had never been in the restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised. I had a light meal (French onion soup, potato galette, and lemonade), and it was tasty and filling. Several friends ordered more substantial meals (salads and sandwiches), everything looked and smelled good. I like that there was a good selection of menu items. I also like the little alcove that can be reserved for parties -- there is a fireplace, which adds such a nice touch! The staff was pleasant, but not overbearing, I was impressed with how quickly they are able to turn over the tables as it was busy the entire time I was there. It's not the fanciest place in town, but an enjoyable place to enjoy a meal.

• Visited December 2012