“Perfect late night dining option” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 126 restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
“Perfect late night dining option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

When other restaurants are starting to close- we arrived around 930 pm. Silver Diner is buzzing still. Great option for late night dining. Plenty of options for different strokes. Big group - no problem you'll likely find options for the carnivores to vegetarians, health conscious, sweet tooth/desert only prone...

Service: consistently attentive over the past 8 months. Kudos to John, our server.

Cleanliness: When I was there it was "deep cleaning" night. This consisted of wiping down the shelves and other areas with soapy water and a rag--removing items from the shelves etc. Hopefully this happens multiple times a week to keep it welcoming.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Can't go wrong! Good food, great hours! I'm always happy with any Silver Diner. This restaurant is clean, the service is good, and the food comes out fast.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, Virginia
“Absolutely love the new menu! Many healthy options.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wow, this place really shocked me. I thought I was going to a Johnny Rockets type place, but instead I got a nice surprise. Locally grown, organic meals...entrees with 600 calories or less. It was nice to eat at a place where I felt like I didn't need to run 4 hours on the treadmill to work it off. Lots of great vegan and vegetarian choices too. I got a veggie sandwich that was to die for. My son got strawberry shake and it was made with real strawberries. Imagine that.

We loved the booth seating and the music. Great atmosphere.

I would go back again and again and again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“Silver Diner where for art thou?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

They have gone to the left coast......This used to be a good '50's style diner with all the standard offerings. Now they have gone California fru fru....Club Sandwich? Some sort of new age round cheese on it. Chili?- Vegatarian.. Breakfast there is good...but they fru frued the French Toast...ask them and they will fix it basic ...and good. I used to go there 2-3 times a week...now I go there once a month to remind myself why I do not go there any longer. You want fru fru...its for you you - but not me

Visited March 2013
Biddeford, Maine
“Great selection, healthy options, use locally grown organic foods.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went here for breakfast while on a trip to DC and staying in Reston. They have a very large menu and everything looked great. They use a lot of locally grown food and healthy/organic options. My fiance ordered a egg white omelette from the healthy menu and it even came with turkey bacon, something I have seen very few times at restaurants. Highly recommend if looking for breakfast/brunch/lunch in the Reston area.

• Visited April 2013