“Great food for your money” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great food for your money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This restaurant is a relatively inexpensive place to eat. The atmosphere is casual. It also has TV's to watch your favorite sports games. The food is casual Mexican food. The tacos are very good. It also has unlimited chips and salsa. It is an okay place to eat in Reston.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Reston, ,VA
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Poor bar service...food was nondescript. Tiny glasses used for wine!! NOT clean ... Servers were complaisant. Won't be going back. Too many good restaurants In area to spend my money at.

Sterling, Virginia
“Muy Delicioso!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The biggest complaint I hear about On The Border is that it is not "authentic" Mexican food. Growing up in Northern Virginia, I don't know from authentic but I do know what I like and I like OTB.

The chips and salsa are always fresh and tasty. Add a bowl of queso dip and we are off to a great meal. I tend to switch between the chicken burrito with sour cream sauce and the chicken enchiladas. I really want to try something else but I can't tear myself away from either of these two dishes. My husband is a big fan of the fajitas and likes that you can choose different styles and sauces. He also swears by the chimichungas.

For us, the food is great, the price is right and its just a few minutes down the road.

If I had to mention something that could be improved I would say that this restaurant has some of the weakest ice tea I've ever had. If they would throw another tea bag or two into the brew I would be pretty happy.

Even with the weak tea, On the Border is one of our regular dinners out. We'll see you there

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The food is not good and it's kinda pricy ..I love mexician ooh nd resturant they are fun to eat but this one disappointed me ;0(

Visited February 2012
Herndon, Virginia
“Nice local restaurant and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We seem to head for "On the Border" as our default neighborhood restaurant lately! We know the food will be tasty, although on the salty side, parking will be convenient, and there's never too long a wait, although it is very popular on the weekends. It's so much easier to eat here than fight through the parking garages and high prices at the nearby Reston Town Center! The carry out service is also very good and fast, if you call ahead.

• Visited March 2012