“Something about it keeps bringing me back” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 130 restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sunset Hills
“Something about it keeps bringing me back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Okay, a lot of us have now tried fondue, however, the Melting Pot has always been a quaint, yet fun evening with friends or just for 2. I like being able to try different menu selections each time for a new experience. I have made fondue as well at home, but it's just not the same. Price wise, they are a bit pricey, but the good definitely out weighs the fact of the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Great for an evening, ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

For a business model to have the guests do the cooking, not bad of gig. The veggies are prepped well in advance and therefore have started to dry. The cheese fondue starter is not special, the main meal is fresh meats but nothing you can't get a Giant, and the chocolate fondue dessert is average. My wife loves the place because it is quite, romantic, and fun. With it being restaurant week, the special pricing makes the meal reasonable, but the normal prices are not reflected in a high quality ingredients.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pearl City, Illinois
“Melt in your mouth experience - mmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Want a unique meal to complement a special occasion or just a very nice night out, this is it. Melting Pot brings the fondue pots to your secluded table and prepares it for you to do the final cooking. There is always something going on at the table where the meal prep requires participation by those eating. Whether its just a romantic dinner for two or a family celebrating an event. We found that our kids love it and it has become my wife's and my favorite places to eat. They start you out with a pot of melted cheese (mixed at your table) for you to dip your bread into followed by a pot of oil for your choice of meats for the main course. The dessert is also a fondue but with a pot of melted chocolate along with a choice of fruit. The staff is always very educated about the meal and have helpful suggestions on how best to order and prepare your own food. So don't hesitate to ask questions. We always have a lively conversation about the many choices and there is usually someone at the table who has questions about how best to dip their foods. It's always an event to visit here. On the down side, it is very expensive, generally over $100 for two of us. It's about the same cost/value as one of the top tier steakhouses. It is also anything but fast. It takes time to serve the food this way so expect to be at the table between one to three hours depending upon how many courses you request and people sitting around the table. I would suggest however, that you split a serving between two of you. This is because each serving is huge plus it will save you money spent on food that would otherwise be wasted. It can also be rather romantic or cozy to share. You won't go away hungry. The dim lighting and arrangement of tables also create a more private setting for your party. Not an every day place but certainly one for special occasions. Just expect a big bill and be prepared for a lengthy but very pleasant melt in your mouth experience. A place that can be romantic for two or fun for the family, the kids will love it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grand Forks
“Unique Idea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I haven't had fondue in some 40 years until I ate here with my daughter recently. The concept is really quite unique. All the food is cooked by the customers in fondue pots at the table. There is a wide selection of offerings. I chose the beef/pork/chicken/shrimp plate. The food was very fresh and of superb quality. The service was also first rate; the manager even stopped by to ask about the meal. It is quite pricey, so perhaps should be reserved for special occasions.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lansdowne, Virginia
“Excellent Birthday Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Came here for my 25th birthday dinner with my parents and the experience was excellent! Our server, Jacquelyn was so good! I had a coupon for a free thing of chocolate strawberries since I was part of the fondue club so she brought those over after we paid our bill. I am sure I will enjoy them! We hadnt been there in awhile so we needed some help and she was more than helpful! Very friendly and more than willing to help us out. We did the 4 course experience and it was so good! The fiesta cheese was amazing! The seafood trio was very good and the white chocolate fondue was perfect! She even brought a plate out that said "Happy 25th" written in chocolate and my dessert plate had 2 candles lit on it. It was so sweet of her to do that and made me smile. It was a great experience and I would return and make sure Jacquelyn is my server again! The only thing I will say is that the price is a quite high for the small portions of food you get. They should make the price lower or the portions bigger!

Over all great experience and wonderful birthday dinner!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere