“Maybe the Best of the Clyde's Bunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Reston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 130 restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Reston Parkway & Dulles Toll Road
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Maybe the Best of the Clyde's Bunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've eaten at, and reviewed, a couple of the other restaurants in the Clyde's Group (the Georgetown location and Old Ebbitt Grill), and frankly have just never been much impressed. Not that they are bad, in fact they're okay, but nothing special in my opinion, aside from their desirable locations in G'town and near the White House, respectively. The folks at Clyde's in Reston must believe that since they are out in the suburbs, they need to work a little harder, because I believe that they do a better job than their city kin. Everything from the food quality, service and ambiance to the value is just a cut above the other Clyde's locations, in my experience. That said, none of the Clyde's locations are fine dining. They serve solid, no-frills food, in a casual, family-friendly environment.

I also like the fact that, in the Reston location, you can park free in a Reston Town Center public parking garage, and be within an easy walk of Clyde's and a lot of other dining and shopping options.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
  • Polish first
South Riding, Virginia, USA
“Excellent Chilli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It was a cold day, I sat at the bar and had the chilli - it was excellent. I had it with onions and cheese. Service was great. Whenever I go to Clyde's I always have the chilli and have never been disappointed.

Visited November 2013
williamsburg virginia
“Great restaurant, good food, fair prices, wonderful location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Ate lunch here yesterday after watching the Destination Reston Christmas parade - which was fabulous. We were able to get a table for 4 just about 12:00 noon with a view of the ice rink. We ordered our traditional hamburgers - I had the 3 sliders each with unique sauce and fries. Cornbread and coffee served were excellent. Food as always was delicious. Prices are very fair - even a bargain given the location, quality of restaurant and service. We are out of area visitors but frequent the restaurants of the Clydes restaurant group when we visit and are always pleased.

Frederick, Maryland
“Great anticipation and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Picture a cold winter day, 2 small kids, and a real need for a warm spot for lunch. We were in Reston Town Center for the Christmas parade and suddenly had 2 kids that needed to eat. Our server was so attentive that he actually asked whether we would like him to get the kids order in and then he could come back for the rest of our order. He came back immediately with a plate of warm corn bread, a life saver, and before we could hardly catch our breath he brought them their pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches. That left my daughter and I to order, and dine, more leisurely while the kids were as happy as could be. The service was excellent, the food was great. I don't know where he got his knowledge of kids, but he was just exactly what we needed. Clyde's is great.

Great Falls, Virginia
“Perfect atmosphere...perfect food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Right now is a wonderful time to visit Clydes...and if you are lucky you can get a table near the window and watch the skaters at the rink. The food is always great every time. I am always a sucker for the adult milkshake and they have the best flavors during the holidays....dulce la leche, peppermint bark chocolate...chocolate cookie dough......you wouldn't even know there is any alcohol in them...lol The food is always really good. We do love the cheese board appetizer. The fish and crab cakes always good. I would highly recommend this place as it is always conisistently good.