“Fantastic steak and seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 133 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluemont
Washington, Virginia
“Fantastic steak and seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place is fantastic. Of course, I would not expect any less from M&S. The steaks are of the highest quality and always cooked to perfection; my preference is always the ribeye. My husband loves the oysters (sorry, not a fan). The bisque (can't remember if it was lobster or bisque) was excellent; just salty enough (it's so easy for it to be overly salted). I tasted the clam chowder, and it was also great (bisque was better). Our out of town friend said his fish was excellent and very fresh. No room for dessert. Wine was great, and the waiter knew how to perfectly hold the bottle and serve it. Great food and service.

Visited March 2014

washington, dc
“Noisy, Pricy Happy Hour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This review is for Happy Hour at the Bar (not a sit-down dinner). McCormick & Schmick's is a popular place for Happy Hour get-togethers in Town Center, but I'm not quite sure why. The noise level around the bar is loud enough that you leave the restaurant with ringing ears and a throat hoarse from shouting. Moreover, the restaurant requires a minimum drink purchase for each person (regardless of whether they've ordered food), and the happy hour food is both pricy and mediocre. For example, the fish tacos were made with fried fish (not grilled or baked or steamed or anything you normally get in a fish taco). The chicken sliders were mostly bread and pretty dry / tasteless. The hummus was okay but came with just a few deep fried pita chips instead of a normal complement toasted pita bread.

It's not that it's an awful happy hour... and perhaps it's the best thing going on in Town Center. But be prepared for a noisy, crowded setting and mediocre food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oakton, VA
“Solitations Unwelcome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

After finishing Mother's Day breakfast, the waitress presented the bill and proceeded to press us to purchase a "rewards card" or whatever Mc Cormick's version of marketing is called. I don't fault the waitress as I'm sure management came up with this idea. It seem today's consumers can't get away from incessant marketing. My wallet couldn't hold all the cards I'm offered. Please let us have peace at our dining table.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Since the restaurant was sold to a big chain, Landrys, it has suffered in quality but prices re inflated in regards to quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Service is spotty, not like the former restaurant. McCormick used to be a predictably good dining experience but this is not the case now.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I usually look up reviews and menus of restaurants. This was an impromptu stop on the way to our hotel in Dulles. Oh my, it cost us! The restaurant looked full and busy. As we perused the menu, my eyes almost popped out of their sockets at the prices. My husband looked at me and laughed. As it was late, and he really wanted seafood, we decided to stay and order. The service was average. Nothing extraordinary. One thing that stood out was the price of our meal. For two entrees, a glass of beer, and soda, our bill was at least $90.00! My husband and I liked what we ordered, but we had food as good as and better, for less than the price. Would we come back? Most probably not.

• Visited February 2014