“First class sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Reston, Virginia
“First class sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had been meaning to try Nikko Sushi & Hibachi for some time, and when I finally did so, I wasn't disappointed. The service, ambience, and most importantly, the sushi were all absolutely first rate. I wouldn't describe this as a bargain restaurant, but its prices weren't unreasonable. So, if you're looking for great sushi near Reston, VA, and aren't on a tight budget, I recommend this restaurant unreservedly.

(A few weeks ago, I submitted this same review under a different name. I'm re-submitting it to consolidated all my reviews under one name.)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reston, Virginia
“First class sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Visited September 2013
Arlington, Virginia, USA
“Good compared to some other Japanese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The quantity is large enough compared to other Japanese restaurant. It's conveniently located near to IAD.

Visited September 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Wonderful Service and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My stepdaughter and her family including a 4 year old and a 1-year old, took my husband and myself to Nikko Sushi and Hibachi for Father's day, June 16th. The staff was very welcoming and attentive. They were very nice to the kids making this one of the family-friendly restaurants we've been to in Northern VA. I ordered the Hibachi salmon bento box. My husband got the hibachi chicken bento box and the kids got the hibachi chicken. We ordered 2 special rolls as well. The bento boxes were big. It came with salad with a ginger dressing, rice, 3 pieces of gyoza, 6 california rolls, and the hibachi salmon or chicken. Pretty good size for people who are hungry. The food was very good especially the hibachi. However, the sushi was just good but not really exceptional. I would come back because of the very good service but the food is nothing to rave about. I would add that the prices are very reasonable... a good value. Be aware too that the Hibachi Grill is not like the other Hibachi restaurants where they cook it in front of you. They have grills setup behind a glass counter and brought directly to your table. It is not a big deal to us.

• Visited June 2013