“Good Enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12190 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA 20190 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Altoona, PA
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here on a recent girls' trip to DC area.
Cons - One bedside light did not work, microwave was dirty, carpet needs cleaned, old jar of peanut butter left in cupboard, fingernail clipping found in bed, old pretzel found on box spring in obvious view, horrible pillows, rough bath towels.
Pros - very quiet room and property, great location, good coffee in lobby, good price.
None of this was important enough to report and overall we had a nice stay. The room and kitchenette just felt slightly dirty.
I may or may not stay here again in the future. The location and price are hard to beat.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed in multiple extended stays while on business trips so I have a good understanding of what is available. When my wife and I where in a relocation back to the Northern Virginia area, we chose Extended Stay America after looking at all the options on line. We are glad that we did.

The Extended Stay America is the best value for the price available. The rooms are nice and clean. You have everything you need to be comfortable. Great WIFI connectivity and the staff is super. The location cannot be better. Its is right down the street from the Reston town center with all of the shops and restaurants you can ask for. Simply beautiful area,=.

The rooms are not SUPER large and the bedroom is not separate, but the layout actually works very well and is quite comfortable. There is a central courtyard that is simply beautiful. Its great to look out over a tree filled courtyard while having a cup of coffee in the morning and enjoying the free fruits and health bars from the lobby.

I will be considering Extended Stay America for my future business travel.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room facing the courtyard. Other rooms are great but the courtyard is really a nice fea...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

The management staff, led by Patrick C. is fantastic: friendly, professional, and helpful. The only reason I didn't rate this hotel a "5" in service was because the cleaning staff could do a better job. However, if I ever had any issues, the management were always understanding and ensured any issues were fixed right away. Overall, the value of this hotel is excellent and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Daniel - Thank you for your review of our hotel and for your continued loyalty. Your comments about our staff are much appreciated; however, I am disappointed to read that you felt our housekeeping could be improved upon. In response to your review, I will work with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards so that we can improve our service. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

I was welcomed back [this is my third visit ] with warm hospitality by front desk manager, Greg Barrett. I had a truly 'extended' stay [seven weeks] and it was comfortable and quiet. I had some historical research to accomplish and that was made possible with excellent internet connections and the uninterrupted quiet I needed to do my work.

Room Tip: The handicap room I occupied was on ground level just a few steps away from the handicap parking spa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad that our staff, especially Greg, provided you with such quality service. We are also glad that you enjoyed you quiet, comfortable room and our free Wi-Fi.

Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. Greg at the front desk helped me get a new room because of the smell of smoke in my first room. He wa very helpful and kind. I would recommend people to stay here if they want to stay somewhere cheap but not a motel cheap. The location of the hotel is wonderful. It's convenient and close to the Reston Town Center.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about Greg are much appreciated.

Thank you again for your review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Boone, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

We needed a place where we could have a kitchen and have our very large dog with us. Extended Stays are notorious dumps but they take a dog. Not this one. It is a new facility and well managed. Their policy to not stock the room until you get there probably saves them money but is a bit odd and a little inconvenient but not wasn't at all a deal breaker. Next to nice YMCA and really nice walking/jogging trail.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the kitchen items right away. Takes a while for the attendant to collect the stu...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. We are especially glad to read that you enjoyed our convenient location. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We hope to see you and your pet sometime in the future.
Upper Saddle River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2014

I just spent the Summer consulting in Reston. Extended Stay was my home away from home. Couldn't beat the price; even better if you book a week or two ahead. Always clean, always consistent. Front desk staff were always friendly and helpful--Rahat, Greg, Patrick and Chris!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Peter - Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. We are proud of our staff for taking such great care of you. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!