“A great place for a lovely stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12190 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA 20190 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Reston, Virginia
“A great place for a lovely stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First and foremost, I was not expecting the level of great service my family and I have experienced in this hotel. As a current front desk agent for the Ritz-Carlton, I was trained to provide my guests with genuine care and comfort and provide the finest personal service and facilities. That being said, the pride I had with my company naturally diminished the view i had on others within the hospitality industry. I had the attitude of a prestigious chef walking through a mall food court. My parents previously have been staying in this hotel due to complications with housing, and so far they have been extremely happy. They felt comfortable with the front desk staff and explained to me how they've maintained a personable relationship with them as well. I have felt at home since the first day I checked in. One of the front desk associates was new at the time, and he's always had a warm, welcoming personality every time I was to ask for help. Whenever I or my partner needed something, the associates would make it a point to stop by our room, even if it were to drop off a towel or some sheets. The location is great, Chick-Fil-A and Chipotle are minutes away (that alone is why I would rate this hotel Five Stars haha) and public transportation in the area is amazing, considering I no longer have a vehicle. For a long stay, comfort is my main priority. Not only am I comfortable, I feel at home. The only downfall is housekeeping. I’m not sure if it’s a miscommunication, but I’ve went weeks without proper housekeeping. I would hear a knock on the door in the morning while I’m still in bed, I'd hear the door open then softly close in my sleep, then wake up knowing that housekeeper is not going to come back for another week. We've contacted the front desk about housekeeping but have still missed the service somehow. All I really need are some fresh towels and the carpet vacuumed, but it’s difficult even getting just that. Other than that, this great hotel, especially for long stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We made reservations based on the reviews we read here on TripAdvisor. We paid online with our credit card and received a temporary CLC voucher. The clerk didn't know how to use the voucher. The process just to get our key took over 45 minutes.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a great place to stay, the rooms are clean and new looking. I think they were just remodeled so they look great. The staff here is really friendly and will do whatever they can to make your stay great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Typical motel-like facility with minimal amenities other than laundry & vending. Facility has obviously been recently renovated and it shows well. Grounds are well kept and parking was safe. Had a great corner room which meant it was very quiet. Location is EXCELLENT with several services within a very short walk (Chick-Fil-A, Carrabas, a bank, and other restaurants and shops).

Room was clean, furniture & carpet new, bedding was comfortable as was the mattress. Decent TV with cable. Kitchen was clean (Fridge and microwave were spotless and it looked like the dishes were brand new).

Bathroom was ok - sink looked like someone had spilled purple finger-nail polish - shower drained well and was one of the best shower heads I've had recently.

Breakfast was pretty minimal (coffee, instant oatmeal, granola bars, fruit, & hot tea).

Complementary wifi was usable but not for VPN or streaming video. You have to pay extra for that.

All in all it was ok for a business trip in a pinch and on a budget. I would consider staying here again if in the Reston area and also on a budget.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pomona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I am a contractor, traveling for work and I require a quiet, clean, simple environment to be comfortable. I like to cook for myself once in a while and I don't want to worry about maid service if I want to sleep late or leave my stuff out. This hotel meets all of my needs without exception. The front desk staff (Ronald & Patrick) are always friendly and helpful. Any questions or concerns I have are address in a timely manner with complete positive resolutions.

When I moved in I needed help getting my large suitcases to my room, both Ronald and Patrick grabbed a bag and brought it to my room. When ever I need help, I just ask and one of them is there....Its like being at home with helpful neighbors.

My company has assigned me to another work location and I elected to commute the 45minutes rather than change hotels for the duration of the stay. The room is clean, the hotel is quiet, and closet is large, and the staff is professional and helpful. I don't need much more.

I posted this review because I use this site to evaluate this hotel and although I saw some bad reviews I decided to try it for myself. I am glad I did.. I am more comfortable here than I was at the Big Name hotel down the street.

Room Tip: Be clear about what you want and let them know.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had an outstanding customer satisfaction experience here at my stay. Newly hired assistant manager Patrick took care of us and made sure our needs were met. He went out of his way to get us a comfortable room even though there were certain issues with our reservation. I recommend this hotel to everybody and would gladly choose this hotel again.

Thanks Patrick

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I must say that this was a good choice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Reston extended stay America.. I am very much looking forward to residing here again. The rooms are spacious very clean and cozy. The hotel is in a convenient location and close to several shops and restaurants.. They even give a complimentary pass to a fitness center, doesn't get any better than that. I was greeted by a gentleman named Patrick, he was very prompt in assisting me get checked in and even calls to assure that everything is ok... Outstanding hotel.... thanks Extended stay America (reston)

Room Tip: You will enjoy>
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Nicholas - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found your room to be spacious, clean and comfortable during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that our staff and our convenient location met your travel needs. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!