“Excellent Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12190 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA 20190 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reston
“Excellent Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I had an outstanding customer satisfaction experience here at my stay. Newly hired assistant manager Patrick took care of us and made sure our needs were met. He went out of his way to get us a comfortable room even though there were certain issues with our reservation. I recommend this hotel to everybody and would gladly choose this hotel again.

Thanks Patrick

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I must say that this was a good choice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Reston extended stay America.. I am very much looking forward to residing here again. The rooms are spacious very clean and cozy. The hotel is in a convenient location and close to several shops and restaurants.. They even give a complimentary pass to a fitness center, doesn't get any better than that. I was greeted by a gentleman named Patrick, he was very prompt in assisting me get checked in and even calls to assure that everything is ok... Outstanding hotel.... thanks Extended stay America (reston)

Room Tip: You will enjoy>
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Nicholas - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found your room to be spacious, clean and comfortable during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that our staff and our convenient location met your travel needs. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Littleton, co
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I thought the hotel was well maintained and clean for a low budget hotel.

The linens and fixtures were clean. We felt no need to find another place in the 4 nights we were there (we are kind of 4 star hotel types.)

The units have small kitchens with utensils for 2. The morning coffee offerings were terrible. We got ours at the Sunoco across the street until we got to the grocery store for supplies. If they say they have a continental breakfast, I don't think what we saw counts.

Ask about room location. All rooms open to the outside, some to the street and some to a court yard. There may be an elevator, but I do not think it is convenient to most 2nd floor rooms. there is no house keeping for stay under a week.

Room Tip: Get a court yard room, especially if you are on the first floor. Otherwise, you will have headlights...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Robert - Thank you for writing a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!
Fairmont, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very cheap hotel rates for the Washington D.C. - Reston area. I like that they offer a fridge, microwave, a stovetop (no oven) and dishes as well as vending and laundry facilities. When you stay at Extended Stay America, you have more options and ammenities then what the other hotels in the area have to offer. I appreciate how easy it was to check into the hotel as well! Thank you very much Patrick for all your help! :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen, our laundry facilities and our vending machines. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with your quick check-in and our staff, especially Patrick. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for little over two weeks. It's pretty close to Reston town center and Herndon. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I should mention their staff, especially Patrick is so helpful. I would recommend this place for your comfortable stay especially if you are in this area on work for short term stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

While this is not the Embassy Suites, you sometimes forget it isn't. From arrival till departure, you feel welcome at the EAS - Reston. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, location is conveniently next to Chick-fil-a, Chipotle, PotBelly, Subway, YMCA (Free pass are provided by EAS) and Target - all within 3 minutes distance. Also, if you work in Downtown Reston, you can save yourself the car rental expense, as you can walk using the trail right behind EAS, which takes you directly to Downtown Reston within 10 minutes walk (Depending on the weather, of course). For a longer stay, you can talk to the Hotel Manager, as they offer discounted prices for stays longer than 30 and 60 days. I can recommend EAS to everyone, who are visiting Reston.

Room Tip: 2nd floors are better, than less people walk by your room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient and your room to be clean. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff during your visit. I’m happy that we were able to provide you with a “home away from home” experience. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband, my pets and I have lived in this hotel for 5 months. Not that we had wanted or planned to do this (complex move from overseas), but Extended Stay has made this transition an excellent and welcoming experience for us. The rooms have been remodeled, have excellent kitchen and storage features, and the staff and housekeeping have been very professional and attentive.

While this is not a 5-star hotel, you get lots of amenities and great treatment for a great, low price for the DC area. While staying at the hotel, you have free access to the YMCA next door, convenient access to the Main commuting thoroughfares and airports, within walking distance to the restaurants and shops of Reston Town Center, and a "stone's throw" away from the W&OD Biking/Walking Trail.

I would definitely stay here again if the need arises, would highly recommend this hotel to others. I may also consider having all extended family members stay here during Holiday visits.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back and sides are quieter, and the rooms that face the courtyard are fairly quiet a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. We are so thrilled that you had a wonderful experience, especially since we strive to make our entire guests feel like our hotel is their "home away from home". Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!