“a budget hotel with excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12190 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA 20190 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Reston
Reston, Virginia
“a budget hotel with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Like what most people commented about this hotel, clean rooms, mindful and friendly staff. will definitely recommend to my colleagues when they come to Virginia. Won't hesitate to come back myself! Extended stay was really a good choice, the location is very ideal since its nearby Dulles Airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RestonHerndon, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Reston. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Its cheap and worth for money. Really you can extend your stay here by their overwhelming assistance and support. I am happy with their service as well and its walkable distance to the market road too!

Room Tip: corner suites are having less wifi frequency. So choose your rooms closer to the reception.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
RestonHerndon, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, January 4, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The service was excellent. I was greeted immediately. The room was clean, heated, and well furnished. It had more than I expected. The complex itself was nice . Outdoor cooking, onsite laundry, gym. I loved my stay.

• Stayed November 2012
RestonHSD, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, November 18, 2012

San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is clean, employees are friendly, and it's in a great location. If you book this expecting a luxury hotel you'll be disappointed - but for the price it is a good place. I would strongly recommend this hotel over any of the other Homesteads in the area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RestonHSD, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, November 15, 2012

Hillsborough, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Upon entering my room, I immediately noticed the smoke detector on the counter with the battery still attached. Next, as I shut the door, I noticed the security latch was broken off. Also, the kick plate on the bottom of the door is hanging off on the right side and drags along the carpet as the door shuts. There are 2 bars of soap in the bathroom but no shampoo or conditioner. I called the desk and Brittany apologized for running out of shampoo and directed me to the vending machine so I may purchase some. I cannot believe this is real and that Brittany was serious. This is not normal.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Stay anyplace but here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RestonHSD, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Reston. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. We also contacted our pest control provider to look into ant issue that you brought to our attention.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Reserved non smoking room with two dbl beds and paid in advance through Expedia. Our room was given to someone else. They gave us another room reserved by someone else and it smelled like a giant ashtray. They then gave us two rooms that were absolutely filthy. My son and his fiancé refused to stay and went home that night. Would not give a refund or credit to us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Glenvar, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I live in Southwest Virginia but work in Reston one or two weeks a month. Homestead Studio is my home away from home. The units are roomy, with free wi-fi. There is a Chick-Fil-A, a Potbelly's, and a Carrabba's adjacent to the property. You have free use of the YMCA, which is also adjacent to the property. The staff is friendly and attentive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RestonHSD, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!