“Reservation from hell” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12190 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA 20190 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reston
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Reservation from hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Reserved non smoking room with two dbl beds and paid in advance through Expedia. Our room was given to someone else. They gave us another room reserved by someone else and it smelled like a giant ashtray. They then gave us two rooms that were absolutely filthy. My son and his fiancé refused to stay and went home that night. Would not give a refund or credit to us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RestonHSD, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Reston. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. We also contacted our pest control provider to look into ant issue that you brought to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Glenvar, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I live in Southwest Virginia but work in Reston one or two weeks a month. Homestead Studio is my home away from home. The units are roomy, with free wi-fi. There is a Chick-Fil-A, a Potbelly's, and a Carrabba's adjacent to the property. You have free use of the YMCA, which is also adjacent to the property. The staff is friendly and attentive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RestonHSD, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Reston. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I picked this property over the other alternatives in Reston as I wanted to have some extra space for my three week stay. I am glad I did! In addition to the extra space I also appreciated the privacy - this is truely like having your own place! Of course, this also means that you need to clean after yourself as you get one cleaning per week from the hotel. Check in was quick and smooth - I arrived early but they managed to find a clean room for me even though it was well before the check - in time (well appreciated after a long flight). The room has a fully functional kitchen (ok, it does not come with oven or food processor), it has everything you need to cook and serve the meal. The room also has a comfortable couch where you can enjoy the TV. TV has plenty of channels to enjoy. Bed is comfortable, you are also given some extra blankets and pillows. Internet is free (unless you pick a faster option for additional charge, be careful with that). For the eating options there is a number of goof fast food places right at your dooresteps as well as large Target across the road. Also, Reston's center is no more than 10 minutes away - there is a shortcut from the left side of the property you can use. Overall - a perfect choice from checkin to checkout - no complaints whatsoever and I would gladly stay there again!! One small thing to notice - bring your own shampoo and shower gel because they only provide the soap.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Vienna, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was very disappointed with my room. It was dirty; the carpet looked like it had never been cleaned, dust accumulated between the dresser and wall but the worst part was the place was infested with ants! The clock radio had an ants nest in it and I had to put it outside my door; the kitchenette was crawling with ants as well. Gross accomodations and I'd never go back.

Room Tip: I had to rate this terrible because of the ants. When I complained on check out the clerk just said...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, October 9, 2012

Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staff is friendly and helpful. Generally clean and neat. Outside doors for all units. They gave me a discount because I had tiny ants in my kitchen area. Was a nice gesture which I appreciated. They also let me stay a little past checkout time which was a great help to me.

Room Tip: Building is configured with "outdoor alleys" so rooms have outside access. If you have a l...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I am from Tampa Florida. I do a lot of work out of town and as you probably know it's hard to be comfortable away from home. I can honestly tell you that these folks at the Homestead Studio Suites made me very comfortable and very welcome. Anything that I needed they were right there to take of it.
One person in particular that went out of her way was Tilma Ramos. She is probably the reason I will be staying at this location for the next six mouths. I would be please to recommend this location and these good folks that this location to anyone traveling and especially if you have be there for an extended time.
I would again like to say thank you to the people of the Homestead Studio Suites and especially to Tilma.
Jeff from Tampa

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since July and will continue through December. The reason isn;t important. The service in the hotel is friendly, courteous and excellent. The staff is very eager to please. The room is clean and well functional. Housekeeping is quite good. The manager, Tilma Ramos has been most repsonsive to any requests i have made.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone especially if it for an extended stauy.

Job well done !

Anthony Del mar

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!