“A Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12190 Sunset Hills Road, Reston, VA 20190 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Reston
Reston, Virginia
“A Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've been reading some other comments regarding this hotel (dirty, smelly, old, etc) but I think that the most valuable of this place is the human confort and warm welcome that you receive when you are here. The people is by far more friendly than any other place and you really feel like at your own home (dirty, smelly, old) but your lovable home. :) Thank you

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Reston. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I fully enjoyed my visit here. The rooms are a bit old and not super fancy, but the fridge and kitchenette were very convenient. Location is fantastic right near the "Washington Old Dominion Trail" just 15 minutes walk into the center, and right opposite the YMCA for some exercise.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, and the free wireless worked perfectly well for me ... 90KB/s were good enough for YouTube, just during the peak hours there were some hickups but still good enough for browsing.

For me, this was just perfect for a 5 day business stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Reston. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Riccione, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed in Homestead for over a month in April and May 2011.
I had a room for smokers, but honestly I couldn't stay in there, the odor from the previous smokers was so disgusting, that I often thought to change it for a non-smoker room (at least I bought some stuff to neutralize the odor, but couldn't have done this the staff?)
IIn Mid May there appeared some bugs in my bathroom, the staff said, they are completely homeless and entered from the main door. (I often left the main door open, because of the odor)
The kitchen was not really equipped, as it should have been, but anyway.

The place has a very good location, is really near to a Target, to a gas station, YMCA gym, running path and to Reston itself, where to take a bus to get to DC.

Staff is very friendly and helpful, the restaurants and eating places nearby are enough.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We looked at reviews before we made our decision for a two-nite stay. It got mediocre reviews, but nothing bad. Seemed like a reasonably-priced, decent place to stay. And the other close-by options were all at least $40-50 more a night. And btw, remember to check the bed bug registry while you're looking at your options. The Hyatt Regency in Reston is listed with multiple reports of bed bugs. Anyway, we didn't have high expectations about the Homestead, but we figured it would be clean and inexpensive. Well, we got there, checked in and went to our room (access is from the outside). As soon as we opened the door, we were met with a really bad smell. Not just musty, but like something was decaying. I stood in the doorway as my husband walked further into the room. As he walked into the kitchen area, I saw a huge black bug scuttle across the floor behind him. I'm guessing it was a roach or a huge waterbug, but I didn't wait to find out. We immediately decided to leave. As my husband came towards me, he spotted another bug by the window. Needless to say, when the reservation desk attendant asked us if we wanted a different room, we said no way!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
NC mtns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We have stayed here before and once again I am very impressed with this gem of a hotel. If you are looking for glitz and ritz, go elsewhere - but for cleanliness, service, location, and value, this is the best around! Daniel manned the front desk with the smooth efficiency, warmth, and professionalism that we have come to expect from Manager Tilma Ramos' team. Just around the corner from the Reston Towne Center, it cannot be beat for convenience. The combination of a staff who truly cares for their guests and a great location makes this an outstanding value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed for 1 week on business/training trip. Wasn't aware that you only get housekeeping service once a week. Very noisy day and night near the office. Office has an after-hours intercom that is very loud. Woke me up several times during the week. Sometimes multiple times a night. Reported to front desk...said they would report to management. Never heard from them again, won't go back.

Room Tip: If you stay...request a room as far away from the office as possible.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Virginia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Arrived at 11 pm. Front desk guy was helpful and efficient but when I arrived to the room I was very dissapointed. It felt old and dated. I was there by myself on a business trip and the moment I came in, I also felt like leaving. I was supposed to stay there for two nights but checked out after the first night and went to a nicer place, that has breakfast included too (important feature when on a business trip).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston? Share your experiences!