“Good day at the lake” 4 of 5 stars

Fairfax, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
“Good day at the lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was a fun place to play with friends. Probably for a younger crowd. My kids are 7 and 10. The slides weren't as big as they would have liked but they had fun for a couple of hours. The spent a lot of time on the lazy river which was quite long. The slides weren't positioned well in that the water almost stopped the slide into it so you never really got wet. But it was a great way to spend a few hours in the afternoon. Absolutely hated the "break" times. The lifeguards worked hard though. They were always moving. I hope that is why, to give them a break.

• Polish first
Washington, DC
4 attraction reviews
“Great for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Wonderful place for kids to have fun in the water - lots of slides, a great lazy river, and a few different pools. Probably good for kids up to the tween years. There are lots of attendants to keep everyone safe and the place in order which was great. It's not really cheap though (on the weekends, it's almost $15 for adults). There is food for purchase as well but we didn't eat there. Overall it's a lot of fun and I'd definitely go back.

VA
5 attraction reviews
“Fun place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I took a 4-yo, a 11-yo, and a 13-yo to the Watermine, and fun was had by all. Bring your own towels, can bring in food. We did it as a double-feature, paired with Reston Zoo, which is right next door. The Watermine is open now (mid-august) from 12 noon, so we did the zoo first, then lunch, then waterpark. Spent 2 hours in the water. The kids loved it. Lots of lifeguards is a plus, but for enjoyable time with small, non-swimming children, I would recommend a 1:1 adult-to-nonswimmer ratio. They have a kiddie pool, too, but the little ones need to be supervised 100%. My 4-yo had his flotation thing on, and was able to really have a great time in the lazy river, and in all areas of the pool, with me next to him. The water is only 4' deep, at its deepest, but still too deep for him, so a flotation device, and a watchful eye from me were necessary. It was not at full capacity, since we came on a weekday, and just as they opened. We had lots of room and no lines. I bet it does get pretty crowded, though, since it is rather small. We paid about $50, for all four of us. I thought, it was well worth the money.

Madrid, Spain
“Not bad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went there with our 4 & 10 year-old boys. It is very small but the kids really enjoyed themselves. We spent like 5 or 6 hours there. What I liked the most is that there are so many life guards for such a small place. My kids know how to swim but it is always nice to see your kids in the safe surrounding.

Visited July 2013
Pasadena, California
“Great Family Outing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great place for a family with young kids (ours are 4 and 6) to spend one of DC's many HOT summer days. There is plenty of swimming, splashing and sliding to do (favorite = "lazy river"), the lifeguards are very strict and actually paying attention (there was a real rescue while we were there), the price is reasonable, and the water is just cool enough to be refreshing, but not cold. The only real down sides are that it's crowded (we went on Sunday July 7th) and there are not enough shade umbrellas, so you have to get there as soon as it opens to get a good spot.

Visited July 2013