“Our hometown townCenter” 5 of 5 stars

Reston, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
“Our hometown townCenter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Reston Town Center is really grown up. As locals, we've been here for the Thanksgiving parades, the 5k, the bike races. This year, we saw them put up the christmas tree and take it down, the 4 year old is learning to ice skate, and we consider it our downtown.

In the evenings, there are a lot of well-heeled professionals and teenagers wandering about spending more on dinner than I could afford, but it still a place to see and be seen any weekend. That's why we like it more early in the morning.

There are always events here to go see, art events, beer drinking events, holiday festivals and more. It's a great place.

Visited February 2013

• Polish first
Winnipeg, Manitoba
109 attraction reviews
“Great place for walking, dining, shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

There is always somethingngoingnon at the town center. At Christams there is the beautifully decorated tree and skating rink. In summer there are the outdoor cares and live music in the town square. There are lots of great restaurants, stores, cinema choices and parking spots ( in the central garage which is free and walkable to anywhere.)

Visited December 2012
White Plains, New York
34 attraction reviews
“If you want everything a suburban mall embodies...this is for you”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Imagine walking streets with corporate sounding names, enormous parking lots and restaurants the size of airplane hangers sprinkled with nothing but chain stores and chain high end restaurants and you have the Reston Town Center. The place is PACKED with people, locals and those either going to or coming from Dulles. There is NO street parking at all, but the highrise parking garages are free and clean and seem safe.

So am I complaining or extolling? Since I live in a suburb of New York City I knew almost all the stores and my daughter was pleased with the selection. Everybody was friendly, everything was clean, no garbage on the streets, no dog poop, even birds must wear birdie undies.

It would be better, in my opinion, if there were some stores selling locally-based goods. How many Jos. A Banks do we need? By the way, to be completely honest, I buy much of my clothes from Bank.

There was nothing "Virginia" about Reston Town Mall and nothing wrong with what was there. I just wish there were other things not there.

Visited December 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Just a bit of Reston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The town center is such a delight because it is not a Tanger Outlet mall type attraction. There are specialty shops, Anthropology which is a personal favorite that is not located in my hometown, and several clothiers. The streets are clean, safe, and, although it was not available on the day of my visit, there is the attraction of live music on weekends. It is a hot spot and if you have a chance...check it out for yourself and enjoy !

Visited September 2012
Wall, New Jersey, United States
“Great spot when traveling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was somewhat surprised to see all the negative reviews. The place wasn't intended to be Greenwich Village in Manhattan. I travel a good bit for work and come to Reston 5 or 6 times a year. What a pleasure to walk out of the back of the Hyatt and have numerous options to eat or spend the evening, with the little free time I have when traveling. Corporate, sure. Soulless, as one reviewer commented, that seems a little harsh. It is a preplanned retail community with a mixture of medium to higher end establishments of the well known, formulaic variety. With that in mind, they did a good job. The number of vsitors certainly seems to indicate a success Much better than room service at the hotel I would love to see some of the other places I frequent try something similar.