“Great place for walking, dining, shopping” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Reston
Winnipeg, Manitoba
178 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Great place for walking, dining, shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

There is always somethingngoingnon at the town center. At Christams there is the beautifully decorated tree and skating rink. In summer there are the outdoor cares and live music in the town square. There are lots of great restaurants, stores, cinema choices and parking spots ( in the central garage which is free and walkable to anywhere.)

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
White Plains, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“If you want everything a suburban mall embodies...this is for you”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Imagine walking streets with corporate sounding names, enormous parking lots and restaurants the size of airplane hangers sprinkled with nothing but chain stores and chain high end restaurants and you have the Reston Town Center. The place is PACKED with people, locals and those either going to or coming from Dulles. There is NO street parking at all, but the highrise parking garages are free and clean and seem safe.

So am I complaining or extolling? Since I live in a suburb of New York City I knew almost all the stores and my daughter was pleased with the selection. Everybody was friendly, everything was clean, no garbage on the streets, no dog poop, even birds must wear birdie undies.

It would be better, in my opinion, if there were some stores selling locally-based goods. How many Jos. A Banks do we need? By the way, to be completely honest, I buy much of my clothes from Bank.

There was nothing "Virginia" about Reston Town Mall and nothing wrong with what was there. I just wish there were other things not there.

Visited December 2012
Reston, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just a bit of Reston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The town center is such a delight because it is not a Tanger Outlet mall type attraction. There are specialty shops, Anthropology which is a personal favorite that is not located in my hometown, and several clothiers. The streets are clean, safe, and, although it was not available on the day of my visit, there is the attraction of live music on weekends. It is a hot spot and if you have a chance...check it out for yourself and enjoy !

Visited September 2012
Wall, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great spot when traveling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was somewhat surprised to see all the negative reviews. The place wasn't intended to be Greenwich Village in Manhattan. I travel a good bit for work and come to Reston 5 or 6 times a year. What a pleasure to walk out of the back of the Hyatt and have numerous options to eat or spend the evening, with the little free time I have when traveling. Corporate, sure. Soulless, as one reviewer commented, that seems a little harsh. It is a preplanned retail community with a mixture of medium to higher end establishments of the well known, formulaic variety. With that in mind, they did a good job. The number of vsitors certainly seems to indicate a success Much better than room service at the hotel I would love to see some of the other places I frequent try something similar.

Cranage, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Bland identikit soulless - its an open air mall after all!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I'm sorry. This is a soulless place. Maybe its my fault for expecting more but there you are.

Can't give it less that 3 points because although I really didn't like it there was nothing inherently wrong with it.

It is what it is. A mall. Loads of restaurants and shops selling stuff I wouldn't want.

Clean, safe, dull.