“typical menu, better than average taste” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“typical menu, better than average taste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I didn't get a margarita, but people around me seemed to enjoy them!
All good, but pretty noisy insdie dining. The food was great.

Visited April 2013

Delaware
“Not Great Mexican Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I don't know, maybe I've been spoiled by one too many summers in Santa Fe but this is not great Mexican food. I ordered a 2 enchilada plate with chicken and cheese and, honestly, neither I nor my husband could tell you which one was which. The environment was loud but that frankly is no excuse for the waiter's lack of attention. Honestly, he would attend to our table and ask for our order and then look away at all the other distractions and have to have you repeat what you ordered. This happened on more than one occasion but that in and of itself is not necessarily indicative of the rest of the staff. The bottom line is, if you love really good Mexican food, this is not the place to find it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northport, Alabama
“Great upscale Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This was my first, but not last time at Uncle Julio's. My sister & her family love this place, but since I don't live in this area, I have never been here.
They said the queso dip was recommended and I'd add don't miss! I love their super thin tortilla chips and black bean salsa.
Guacamole doesn't have enough avocado in it, but there are nice big pieces versus a mousse. The only other negative is their frozen Margarita seemed to be watered down & lacking some in flavor.
I had the pulled chicken quesadillas and they were excellent, huge portion and the best I've had. Great price for the portion size.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

They serve he salsa warm, not appealing to me, but it was tasty. I got the beef salad and honestly was one of the best salads I ever eaten. It was huge, easily shared amongst two. The guacamole was extremely good, but expensive for he portion. This is a trendy, packed place so expect a lot of noise. If you want quiet, they do have outdoor eating.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Great resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good service....wonderful Mexican food! All of us (8) liked what we ordered. Home made tortillas that you can see cooking in their custom tortilla maker...interesting oven.

Visited April 2013