“Great food, great service, great ambience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 130 restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Reston Parkway
Oak Hill, Virginia, United States
“Great food, great service, great ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hubby and I went here for the first time last night for Restaurant Week. We ordered from the Restaurant Week menu because frankly a 3 course meal for $35 is too good to pass up. We started with a cocktail and warm bread accompanied by softened butter flavored with honey. Yummy! Hubby started with the French Onion Soup which was tasty. I started with the Insulata Misto, which was generously portioned. I loved the smoky blue cheese and Orange Cognac Dressing although I had to request freshly ground pepper. Hubby had the Seared 1855 All Natural Angus Strip Loin Steak which was cooked just as ordered. I had the Pan Seared Red Snapper. My meal had a huge portion of delicious fish, but the sides were unbelievable. The couscous was delicious with fresh grilled corn, and a yummy tomato sauce that appeared to have been make from fresh roasted tomatoes. The combination of flavors was divine! For dessert, we shared the Creme Brulee and Chocolate Opus One. Our waitress had told us the creme brulee flavors of the day were vanilla and cappucino, but they ran out of cappucino so substituted blueberry. I would have preferred the cappucino, but she made it up to us by giving us two servings of the vanilla. The chocolate portion of the Opus One was a brownie, which I'm not a huge fan of, but the yummy pistachio ice cream served on top of what appeared to be an almond wafer/cookie was great.

• Visited February 2013

88% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place is tucked away in a corner of the Westin Hotel... My friends were constantly telling me to check it out, so I finally did… what the heck have I been waiting for???

Started out at the bar had a glass of wine and some small plates, very nice, the crab cake, duck wontons and lobster cohiba were all awesome. Moved over to a table in the dining room and had a great meal. The service was top notch; Mel was fabulous and very attentive. The GM and Sommelier came over and chatted a little about the wines and the restaurant… he really made us feel welcome there as if it was his own home.

The entrees are a nice portion, but in my opinion the chef is a tad bit heavy handed with the salt, but my guests didn’t think so. The sea bass was wonderful and my wife loved the lamb chops.

I will become a regular at this place!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Reston
“Great food and excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

A delightful evening with outstanding food and service. They have something on the menu that are literally one bite items for $1 or $2 which are great fun and not bad for the diet. I tried the Date with Quince Paste & Beemester Gouda in Bresaola for $1 and it was so tasty. Also had the watermelon salad with cabernet vinagrette, very good (I am on a diet!!). Dinner was the grilled lamb chops with goat cheese roasted potatoes in a fig maranade and pmegranite sauce. It was excellent. The potatoes were so so but the lamp chops superby done and ever so tasty.

Our waitress kept a wonderful eye on us keeping us totally refilled with coffee and tea and never made us feel pressured even though we stayed for quite some time. It is also a quiet restaurant, something that not every restaurant is these days. A bit on the more expensive side but I would definately come back again with a foodie!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Savannah, Georgia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

First time here. Was greeted promptly by the staff and seated shortly thereafter. Every member of the staff was smiling and busy. I had made seating reservations, but they were not needed on this night. The ambiance is warm and friendly. The room is trendy and appealing. The adjacent bar was packed with businessmen from the Westin Hotel. Our food was presented and prepared perfectly. The wines were great. My group was never rushed and enjoyed many appetizers prior to the main courses and dessert.
Parking was close, open and free.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Nice lobsters and scallops! Tuna and salmon are a must-try! Scored high points for that! Close proximity to Westin and the service staff here is excellent! Variety of food and you will never regret coming to this place ever!

• Visited December 2012