“Worth the price” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
PassionFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Reston
Cross street: Explorer Street
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excels in sea food. we tried this restaurant many times, and enjoyed each time. Food is well prepared and presented. The only drawback is the noise level.
Recommend flounder prepared Thai style

• 5 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Best seafood in RTC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

As I previously mentioned I love the Reston Town Center (RTC). I previously visited the Passion Fish bar for one of their Margarita’s. Their Dirty CEO martini with Maytag olives are also quite good. They attached their famous little colored plastic mermaids to the drink for customers to collect.

This was the first time for me to eat here for dinner. We were a party of 6. Our waiter, Henry N. was pretty good in accommodating our needs.

Jeff Tunks knows his seafood, which is what we all came here for.

PassionFish has a contemporary interior. Executive Chef Chris Clime's prepared a seasonal menu. It boasts an impressive raw bar and a dedicated sushi chef.

We started with two Tuna Tartare’s for $15 each, one calamari for $14, one octopus for $14 and one beet salad for $10.

I and another guest ordered my favorite Cioppino for $32 each. We both enjoyed our entre’s. Two people ordered the flounder also for $32 each. The remaining others ordered the

Haddock for $28 and Redfish for $27. The entire table was please with our entre’s. Success was proclaimed.

After a 20% standard gratuity for parties of 6 I walked our owing $521 including their Freemark wine for $48 and Viog White Hall 121 for $44. Oh well so much for my family, who devour my bank accounts.

There were no regrets here although I felt the $521 tab was quite expensive for this area. If others have better recommendations let me know?

You figure out the rest.

Now I know why this place is rated #3 on Trip Advisor.

We will probably return here when the need for seafood arises.

• Visited March 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

me and my family got strandes in the airport and stayed in the hotel nearby we were looking for a seafood restaurant and was told that there is one in the town center nearby. we took the recomendation and ate here it was amazing! hopefully i we have a chance to go back in the area we will definitely go back here. cheers!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Pricey, but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times, most recently last night. I find it disturbing that each time I go, there are more families with infants and toddlers there. It is damaging to the atmosphere. I would never take kids to a place where mains are $25-$45. Atmosphere is vibrant. It's a great place for a group of adults, or a family celebration provided your kids are old enough to behave and appreciate the fine food. It is also ok for dates as long as you like vibrant atmospheres.

On to the food - For main courses, my favorite is to order one of the many choices from the section of fishes that are available simply grilled. You pick a sauce and a side. Last night, I had perfectly cooked scallops with salsa verde and asparagus. My husband had soft shell crabs and mac'n'cheese. The mains were prepared quite well.

Regarding appetizers, they have a nice sushi menu, plenty of goodies from the raw bar, and various soups/salads. I eat gluten free, so my options were limited. I did feel that the simple green salad at $8 was grossly overpriced. It was just a small pile of lettuce with dressing. How about some veggies? My husband's oysters looked good - they had pacific oysters in. Again, overpriced at 1/2 dozen for $14.

Note that one of their "signature" dishes is the lobster claypot. I had this once and did not find it to be worth $45. It was just ok.

This is a great place to splurge now and then. Great food, just make sure you ask to be seated away from children if you are trying to have a peaceful night out. There were screaming babies there last night. Thank goodness they were on the other side of the dining room.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have been to Passionfish 4-5x over the past 2-3 years. Nice ambience. Food, esp sushi, is tasty, but to be frank...too salty.

• Visited June 2013