“Great Food overpriced wine” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
PassionFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Explorer Street
Reston, Virginia
“Great Food overpriced wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've eaten here quite a few times and always enjoy myself.

The most recent outing I started with tuna and hamachi sushi which were both delicious and fresh. They do not advertise this on the menu but if you ask the waiter, nigiri is available. I also ordered the kamikaze roll which was perfect (also a generous portion).

For our entrees we had the Icelandic haddock and the scallops dish. Both dishes were flawless and loaded with flavor. For the haddock I recommend the romesco sauce, great for a mild white fish.

In sum, I really enjoyed my meal at Passion Fish; I just wished they didn’t have a three time wine mark up – Reston is not DC or NYC. Case in point we paid 89 for a Patz and Hall chardonnay that I can get for 30. Another example of the over pricing is the Pahlmeyer chardonnay that I can get for 50 bux when they ask for 175, it seems a little steep to me. With that said, the quality of the food makes up for the rip off wine.

Reston, Virginia
“Consistently Delicious Food & Top Drawer Serivce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed going to PassionFish restaurant in Reston since it first opened years ago. The Passion Food Group runs a handful of restaurants in the metropolitan Washington D.C. area. We have dined at the majority of the PassionFood Group restaurants but clearly PassionFish in Reston is our absolute favorite place ti dine or have a cocktail.

I had my most delicious dinner yet at PassionFish on Thursday evening. I ordered the special soft shell crabs and enjoyed them so much I could have ordered a second portion. I have been tempted before at PassionFish with ordering a second portion - believe it is a tough call sometimes because the seafood or steak is that delicious. I routinely leave PassionFish and tell the superb manager "compliments to the chefs!"

If you are staying in Reston - PassionFish is a terrific gastronomical destination. We thoroughly enjoy every visit to PassionFish and that is a feather in the cap of the manager and his sharp staff.

Bon appetite!

Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The place is very large and not an empty seat when I got there at 12:00 noon.
That in itself tells me I'm in the right place.
My lunch order was 1/2 dozen clams and a Shrimp Po Boy. The calms were iced and fresh with a tangy cocktail sauce.
The Shrimp was crispy and delicious. If this meal is an indication of how good the dinner menu might be then I am definitely making dinner plans for another night

Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent seafood in a Washington, DC suburb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Three of us had dinner at Passion Fish in the Reston Town Center. The food was excellent. We all started with oysters that were fresh, which is essential with that mollusk. The other dishes were also well prepared. I had sea scallops that must be cooked to just the right point to be enjoyable. Too often they are overcooked which makes them tough. But Passion Fish managed to get it just right. The wine list had many good choices but was quite overpriced. Service was very good if a bit over officious. Prices were at the high end.

• Visited March 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Scallop Entree is Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is a little pricey, but the food is very good and the service is terrific. It is nice for a little splurge for a special occasion.

Visited February 2013