“Nice happy hour and food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
PassionFish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 130 restaurants in Reston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Explorer Street
Herndon, Virginia
“Nice happy hour and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stopped in on a Saturday as I saw the bar had a football bowl game on that I wanted to see. They had two seats at the bar (wife and I) and they had premium drafts for $5 with a bunch of excellent appetizer type happy hour foods all for $5. The beer was excellent (my wife had the happy hour white wine which she said was very good - for $5). We ordered a few of the foods and they were very tasty as well. Staff friendly. We'll be back.

Visited December 2012

81% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Upscale Decor, Inconsistent Food Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

PassionFish is a trendy restaurant with a nice bar, appealing modern decor and large tables that are not pushed close to one another so that waitstaff is not brushing against you. Although there was a holiday party upstairs, the main floor was quiet enough for conversation.

Service from staff was very attentive and friendly.
The appetizer selections of shrimp, peruvian ceviche, lobster bisque and a sushi roll were all excellent.
The main course of grilled swordfish was overlooked as was the flounder. We did not attempt to return our meals but I was confident that doing so would not have been an issue.

I liked the ambiance so much that I would return to PassionFish for another try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva
“A great place for a nice night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I found this place on tripadvisor when looking for a good place out for dinner one night. Had no idea what to expect, but were very nicely surprised! Amazing fish selection and a great wine list. Our waiter was very attentive, but not pushy so we felt really well taken care of. Yes, you pay a bit more than in some other restaurants, but the cost has clearly been lovingly invested into this restaurant. Top notch meal (I had the ciopinno, SO good!) with very "tounge in cheek" decor (even the salt and pepper shakers were fish themed!) coming together in a lovely night out. We'll definately be back!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place is very nice on the inside. The food we received was also very good. Unfortunately, the service was quite awful. Now, I don't know if this was just an isolated incident or if it was widespread, but the woman was absolutely horrible. We went there at 8:00 PM on a Sunday night and she didn't know what the specials were, didn't know what oysters they had available, and seemed like she had better things to do. I will give this place another try because the food wasn't half bad, but it won't be for awhile.

Visited November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“What a surprise. Very good for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stopped in for lunch not knowing what to expect. Upscale place, but there are lighter fare options. I had the lunch sized crab cakes. Tasted very fresh, served with fabulous sweet-potato fries. The price was high for a typical lunch, but I didn't feel it was over priced.

• Visited November 2012