“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reston, VA
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2006

I had never stayed at a Hyatt before, so I stayed at a nearby one for a weekend getaway. Overall I had a nice experience: the staff was very friendly, the room was clean and cozy, and the breakfast buffet at the Market St. Grille was excellent. This Hyatt is located within an easy walk to a number of shops and fine restaurants (Clyde's, M & S, and Pizzeria Uno, to name three), which was convenient. The only downside to my stay was that the Hyatt charges $9.95 a day for wireless internet access; comparable hotels at which I had previously stayed offered this service for free. Other than this, I did enjoy my stay at the Hyatt.

• Liked — Location to shopping and restaurants
  • Disliked — Having to pay for wireless internet access (similar hotels offer this service for free)
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

We stayed here recently while in town for a family wedding. The hotel is classic Hyatt -- nice rooms, good amenities, good location and great service. We would definitely stay here again. The only thing we did not like was the view from our hotel window, which was a view onto the roof and a construction site. But apart from that, it was great. Beds were comfortable and the place is well maintained.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

What a joke !
Old fashion, rude people, terrible breakfast, noisy air-co and dirty... what else ? Nothing, really nothing interesting, except the price !!! Very, very expensive for what you get.
The desk couldn't even tell me where I could find a taco bell, but they were so 'snobish' after all that they really don't care about my demand ! Water in the hotel ? The desk doesn't know where I can get one bottle... Phone calls ? 3 calls (1 minute each for France) = 90$. I found 9 pillows on my bed, I couldn't even find place to sleep, but I could find some black hairs and ...I'm blonde !
Orange juice from concentrate, potatoes not cooked enough, eggs ???, fatty bacon not cooked ! Etc...
Last night a guy tried to enter my room by hiting the my door at 1am. I thought I died !
Never again

Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

I was registered at the Hyatt Regency Reston at Reston, Va. and Had no problems. The room was on the fifth floor, had a very nice view. The room was clean, very comfortable. The service was wonderful. From the moment I checked in until I checkedc out, I had NO problems. I would stay her again. Linda S. Boggs

Leesburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2006

I stayed at this hotel and arrived at 10pm. I waited 20 minutes for the two check in clerks to check in 5 people ahead of me. There were problems with everyone's reservation and it took forever. The clerk did not apologize or offer anything after my long wait. The room was nice, with a good view. The rate was high: $300, and breakfast was pricey at $20.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!