We'll start with the positives: We had a quick trip to the area this past weekend. This hotel has a great location, about 20-25 min. drive into DC and close to Tyson's Corner. It is literally within the Reston Town Center complex and therefore within a 1-2 block walk of numerous Lettuce Entertain You chain restaurants and fun bars, as well as great retail shops (JCrew, Ann Taylor, Talbots, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn) and a movie theater. Hotel had a decent restaurant (only had breakfast there) and the hotel's parking garage was complimentary (elevator not attached to the hotel, FYI). A short distance away, there is another shopping complex with Barnes and Noble, Best Buy, and several other stores, not to mention a top notch french country cafe-Le Madeleine's.
Easy checking in and out, with convenient airline boarding pass print out kiosk. Staff very friendly/professional. Beds divine. Wake up call was a real person, and delivered punctually.
A few observations:
(1) We were assigned to a room that was supposed to be nonsmoking, but it was clear that someone had smoked in there at some point. It seemed this might have been a smoking room at one time. We had a short stay and tight schedule- not much time to mess around with moving rooms or arguing with the front desk, but this was a big turnoff that we would have addressed had we had the time and energy. It is not a nonsmoking room if it still SMELLS like a smoking room.
(2) Housekeeping needs some improvement. In the hall outside of our room, we noticed a used Q-tip left on the carpet. In the 48 hours of our stay, no one cleaned this up, even though we had seen numerous housekeeping carts in this very spot.
Additionally, we were late heading out one day and noticed on return that the room had yet to be cleaned. We were fine with the unmade bed but needed new towels, and called down to the front desk. Never got them. My husband ended up grabbing a few towels from a housekeeping cart near the room after about 30 minutes. Quite certain that if I were there even now, the towels would not arrive.
In all, a decent place, but a few kinks to be worked out. Would recommend due to the very convenient and accessible location and overally decent service and amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four diamond property located in the heart of Reston Town Center. 2004 $8.2 Million dollar guestroom renovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hyatt Regency Reston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Reston Hotel Reston
- Reston Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Reston