“Service With a Smile” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Service With a Smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Welcoming smiles on the faces of nearly every staff member we encountered is the hallmark of the Hyatt Regency in Reston, VA. With almost no exception staff members were friendly, courteous, engaging, personable, and helpful. My guess is that this hotel's management treats their staff with dignity and respect.

Ours was a standard room at this facility, but it would compare favorably to deluxe rooms at other many other hotels. It was a fairly large room with plenty of closet and drawer space. It was nicely appointed with good quality furnishings including an easy chair, spacious desk, dresser and two nightstands. the room was clean, the bathroom was spacious and provided a more than adequate number of towels and toiletries.

The location, Reston Town Center, is excellent. There is upscale shopping and fine food to meet any taste.

Our breakfast at the hotel restaurant was nicely presented and tasty, but, as one might expect, on the pricy side. There is shuttle service to Dulles airport and to the local Metro station. Several members of our party used the exercise room and were quite pleased with the facility.

There was one small glitch with being picked up by the shuttle at the Metro stop. Because all of the other service was excellent, I will chalk this up to being simply a mix-up.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Location
1 Thank Aaron H
Dustin I, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Aaron H,

Thank you very much for your feedback and time. Your review was very informative and it is always so nice to hear how our staff is. We take a lot of pride in our service culture as well as our facility.

With Metro just opening here we have started to experience some shuttles going to and from the new Metro Silver Line stop. We continue to analyze the best ways to deliver service there and we will be sure to share your experiences with our teams here.

Thank you again for your time and feedback. I do hope that we will be able to host you here again soon.

Please have a fantastic Week!

Northern NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Let's face it; you're only staying here if you're on business or using Hyatt points. Apparently this hotel is 20-30 years old, but doesn't show it. The lobby is fantastic & it's right in Reston town square which is nice but small. My issues are all small, but they added up. The light on the desk (where you plug things in) is on the same circuit at the wall sconces so you can't charge your phone there without the lights on. Newspaper 1st day; none after. Mold in shower. No lotion. Cheap pen; broke 1st time I used it, never replaced. Leaf blowers every morning at 0630 (I was on 8th floor so it wasn't so bad, but every morning?). Remote didn't work (I didn't call, it was probably the battery). No receipt under the door on the last day; you've got to go to the counter or print it off the net. In conclusion, there aren't any other choices within walking distance, which is why you're staying here. Nice area, nice hotel, but lots on minor irritants.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NMBomber
Dear NMBomber,

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. We take it very seriously and please know that we share it with our teams here to ensure we follow up on any areas of opportunity.

Thank you for noticing the condition of the hotel as we take great pride in our facility and service. We have recently renovated our rooms and they have been well received. I was sorry to hear about your remote control and shower. This information is immediately being looked into.

I do hope you had sometime to visit the town center as it offers more than 30 Restaurants and over 50 shops. It is truly a great area to visit for business or pleasure.

Again thank you for your valuable time and feedback. I do hope that we have the opportunity to host you here again soon.

Jackson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I was traveling for business for a long weekend and found this hotel to be a fantastic choice. I suppose at these prices, it really should be good, but this is not always the case, so I felt obligated to write a review.

The rooms and common areas were very clean and modern. The beds were comfortable, although, the pillow need to provide SOME support?

The pool was very clean and the water temp was just right to feel relaxing, without being cold.

The best part is the location. There are many restaurants, shops, studios, and galleries all within walking distance to the back doors. I even found a variety of places to get ice cream, frozen yogurt, gellato, etc each night, which was a nice way to end the day and expand my waistline.

If visiting again, I would absolutely select this location again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CAKS8462
Dear CAKS8462,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us your feedback. It is truly important to us and we take it very seriously.

It is nice to see that you were able to utilize a lot of the amenities the hotel has to offer as well as had some time to enjoy the Reston Town Center. It is a great place to visit and enjoy, especially with all it has to offer with restaurants and shopping.

We look forward to one day hosting you here again!

Please have a wonderful weekend!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Excellent location in Reston Town Center, w/movie theatre, skating rink, public plaza w/many festivals and concerts right outside. Incredible fitness center w/cardio, machines and weights. Upscale pool, Roman spa, sun deck and sauna. Great restaurant using local ingredients and inspiration. Close to Dulles airport.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Todd H,

Thank your for your time and feedback. It is very important to us!

It is nice to see you had the opportunity to use a lot of the amenities we have to offer as well as Tavern64. We take great pride in our facility, location and services. Our location to Dulles Airport and unique Reston Town Center are really quite popular with all of our guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you here again. Please have a wonderful week!

Director of Sales & Marketing
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding and really enjoyed our room. We were on the 10th floor and had a gret view. The elevators were spacious and moved quickly. The room was clean and modern and I loved the bathtub size in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear biandi,

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. It is truly appreciated!

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have recently completed a guest room renovation and it is always nice to hear that it is well received. I hope y9ou had some time to experience the Reston Town Center as it is really one of Northern Virginia's top places to visit.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you here again with us

Please have a wonderful week!

Director of Sales & Marketing/Catering CS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Three day business function. Nice location for local bars and restaurants. Well laid out, nice rooms and great service. Down sides; gym is only ok and you can't watch free TV in the rooms. Would stay again on the whole though.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dustin I, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Alex M,

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. It is very valuable to us and we take it very seriously.

I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our location and of course Reston Town Center. It is a little gem in Northern Virginia and a great place to be whether on business or traveling for pleasure.

You mentioned the gym and the TV’s in the room. Please know that our health facility as well as indoor pool will be undergoing renovation this year. I do hope that you are able to visit with us again to see the final product. As far as the TV I was a little confused as we have free HD TV including HBO in all our guests rooms with the ability to also do pay per view for certain movies.

I hope we have the opportunity to host you here again soon. Please have a wonderful week!
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a function. We loved the location being in a area surrounded by restaurants and shops with events happening each day. Check in was frustrating. Our room was not ready and we were told that we would get a call when it was ready and to collect the keys from concierge. Not a problem considering that we decided to explore a bit while we were waiting, however, when we got the call that our room was ready, I returned and could not find the lady from concierge. I went to the desk and said that I had got a call to collect my keys and the desk clerk seemed confused and asked me for my room number. I explained the I did not know because we had not been told and luckily another clerk jumped in to assist. He shot off to find the lady from concierge who came out and presented us with our keys. Seemed like a lot of hassle just to pick up our room keys. I had requested a room away from the elevator because I am a light sleeper, however, we were put in the first room out of the elevator and was disturbed late at night on both days that we stayed there by noisy guests coming and going. The room itself was great, clean and bright. Housekeeping did not show up until nearly 4pm which was a little annoying because I was trying to get my daughter ready for her competition at this time. However, once there she was efficient and in and out pretty quickly. We went to the atrium to grab a cocktail and was completely ignored by the bartender who spent the whole time accommodating to a group of ladies having food and drinks. My husband finally got served at the bar but we gave up on another drink because the bartender was too busy running around the group.

I did respond to a email survey sent by the hotel after I returned home and stated these same issues and was blown away by the response from a the desk manager who addressed my concerns and assured me that we would be in a room away from the elevator in the future. I have never had a hotel actually personally respond to my survey like this before. Great service. I will be staying here again next year for the same function and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator, the foot traffic is high because it has a lot of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dustin I, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear sortiz,

Thank you kindly for your feedback and time. It is extremely valuable and important to us as we strive to exceed our guests expectations.

I was sorry to hear there was some frustration in the beginning of your stay but was very pleased to see that we were able to get back with you right away in regards to your concerns. We have recently completed our guest room renovation and was glad to see the results have been very positive based on your feedback of the room.

Please know we share all of your feedback with our teams so we can constantly improve as we move forward as well as share the strong positive feedback. Our teams truly believe in our service culture and your time and thoughts are key for us. Thank you again for your time.

Please have a fantastic week and I hope the we have the opportunity to host you here again very soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt Regency Dulles
Hyatt Regency Dulles
#10 of 20 in Herndon
4.0 of 5 stars 716 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!