“Good stay overall” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Yorktown, Virginia
“Good stay overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we were attending a function. We loved the location being in a area surrounded by restaurants and shops with events happening each day. Check in was frustrating. Our room was not ready and we were told that we would get a call when it was ready and to collect the keys from concierge. Not a problem considering that we decided to explore a bit while we were waiting, however, when we got the call that our room was ready, I returned and could not find the lady from concierge. I went to the desk and said that I had got a call to collect my keys and the desk clerk seemed confused and asked me for my room number. I explained the I did not know because we had not been told and luckily another clerk jumped in to assist. He shot off to find the lady from concierge who came out and presented us with our keys. Seemed like a lot of hassle just to pick up our room keys. I had requested a room away from the elevator because I am a light sleeper, however, we were put in the first room out of the elevator and was disturbed late at night on both days that we stayed there by noisy guests coming and going. The room itself was great, clean and bright. Housekeeping did not show up until nearly 4pm which was a little annoying because I was trying to get my daughter ready for her competition at this time. However, once there she was efficient and in and out pretty quickly. We went to the atrium to grab a cocktail and was completely ignored by the bartender who spent the whole time accommodating to a group of ladies having food and drinks. My husband finally got served at the bar but we gave up on another drink because the bartender was too busy running around the group.

I did respond to a email survey sent by the hotel after I returned home and stated these same issues and was blown away by the response from a the desk manager who addressed my concerns and assured me that we would be in a room away from the elevator in the future. I have never had a hotel actually personally respond to my survey like this before. Great service. I will be staying here again next year for the same function and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator, the foot traffic is high because it has a lot of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dustin I, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear sortiz,

Thank you kindly for your feedback and time. It is extremely valuable and important to us as we strive to exceed our guests expectations.

I was sorry to hear there was some frustration in the beginning of your stay but was very pleased to see that we were able to get back with you right away in regards to your concerns. We have recently completed our guest room renovation and was glad to see the results have been very positive based on your feedback of the room.

Please know we share all of your feedback with our teams so we can constantly improve as we move forward as well as share the strong positive feedback. Our teams truly believe in our service culture and your time and thoughts are key for us. Thank you again for your time.

Please have a fantastic week and I hope the we have the opportunity to host you here again very soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Went to that Hyatt for business. Really everything you would expect from an hotel in that category. What I like most in this case is the location which is right in the center of Reston and close to a number of restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Yokomony,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback. It is truly appreciated.

I am happy to hear you had the opportunity to see the Town Center and all it has to offer. I do hope that we opportunity to host you here again!

Please have a great weekend!

Monrovia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We booked one night at the hotel so we didn't have to drive home after a friends wedding. I had no expectations of the hotel and ended up being pleasantly surprised.

As usual I booked online on the hotel's website and requested hypoallergenic bed linens as I am allergic to feathers, an a quiet room. So how did the Hyatt Regency do?

I can't say enough about this hotel!y. As per my request I received a room with hypoallergenic bedding. The room was clean and available on time. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. All the front desk staff were polite and helpful. Valet parking was convenient and our car became available very quickly.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Agusthasmum,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to provide us your feedback. It is truly appreciated.

I happy we were able to accommodate you with all of your needs. We take a lot of pride in our service culture and want to ensure we exceed all of our guests needs.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to host you here again and that you have some time to take advantage of the Reston Town Center and all we have to offer. Please have a wonderful week!

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reston on business. This is a beautiful hotel located in the planned community of Reston, Maryland. The location is convenient to Dulles Airport (IAD), and backs on Fountain Square. The Square is surrounded by small shops, restaurants, and offices, ensuring that you have lots of things to keep you busy when you have some free time. There is a restaurant in the hotel, called Tavern 21, but I didn't have a chance to try it out, and a Panera Bread Co. store in the lobby as well, with lots of space to meet and enjoy a more casual meal or breakfast. The hotel has its own parking garage attached, where you can park for a small $10 fee every day. The parking was well lit and secure. My car was parked for three days without incident. They also have valet parking if you prefer. The garage was never full when I was there, and if you want a spot that is wide open, the upper levels were almost unused. All the levels had video security cameras.

The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The hotel prides itself on being Green, and the toiletries fit this bill perfectly. The room was very quiet and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable. A great feature is the in-room safe, giving you a secure location for your most valuable items when you are out of the room. The HVAC unit was whisper quiet and fitted with an actual thermostat, making it easy to set the temperature to comfortable levels, and it never woke me up in the night - a rare thing in most hotels where I’ve stayed.

The day I arrived, I got to the hotel before check-in time. I needed WiFi access so I could connect with an online meeting, and the Front Desk graciously gave me the connection information so that I could use the hotel WiFi, enjoy a coffee from Panera Bread Co. and meet with my clients online. On the day I checked out, I still had half a day of meetings to attend. They allowed me to keep my car in the parking garage at no charge, and provided me with a spare key to use on exit.

I really appreciated the care and attention I received from the hotel staff. Rarely have I had a hotel experience as good as this!

Green Features: Very good, and well appreciated. While other hotels say the right things, the HR Reston actually does what they say!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear DougNix,

Thank you very kindly for your feedback and review!

We have just completed our 2014 Renovation and it is great to hear your feedback. I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our location. The Town Center is a fantastic place with more than 5o retail shops and over 30 restaurants.

It was also nice to see you took notice of our GREEN efforts as this is a large initiative for us.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you again here. You could then possibly check out our latest restaurant Tavern64 which features all locally grown organic foods.

Thank you again for your feedback and time. It is greatly appreciated. Please have a wonderful week!

Boone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Spent the weekend here for a wedding. The location couldn't be better, easy access to the highway, and lots of shops and restaurants in the centre - options without driving! The hotel was booked with several events. The staff was very nice and tried to quickly accommodate guests. We had a few snafus with our reservations and room cleaning- but they got it worked out.

Rooms were modern and clean. Only 4 elevators...very slow, took up to 5 minutes to leave the lobby! I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear SYBoone,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is truly appreciated and we take it very seriously.

I am glad to see you were able to take advantage of our location and services. It is also great to hear about our staff as we push our service culture and have high expectations of our service standards. I was sorry to hear about the elevators. I am sure they were fairly busy with all the events we did have in the hotel.

I do hope we have the opportunity to host you and your family here again soon! Please have a wonderful week and thank you again for your feedback!

Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was my third year staying at the Hyatt Regency Reston, VA. I thoroughly enjoy staying at this hotel. Each individual staff person that I interacted with during our stay was friendly, helpful and professional. Our room was tidy, comfy, cozy and quiet. The décor was a mixture of urban minimalism mixed with down home comfy chic. It was truly a place of peace and quiet after a day filled with frenzied activity. The hotel is conveniently located at the hub of a shopping town center. There are numerous excellent restaurants within walking distance as well as shopping venues. Also, on this stay we ordered Room Service and we were pleasantly pleased to discover that the menu prices were more than reasonable. In addition to reasonable pricing, the food was delicious. It was a perfect ending to a perfect stay. I look forward to future visits to this fine hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor with a beautiful panoramic view of Reston. We were on the back hallway whic...
Green Features: There were trash containers that were recycle friendly. You are able to control the room temperature yourself.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear travelprincess5220,

Thank you so much for your feedback and time! It is extremely valuable to us.

It is great to know you have continuously stayed with us! We thank you very much for your loyalty. I am glad you had the opportunity to experience the hotel as well as the Reston Town Center and Tavern64. We have just completed our 2014 Rooms Renovation and to hear your feedback on the rooms was perfect.

Thank you again for staying with us. I do hope that we have the opportunity to host you here again soon. Please have a wonderful week!

Director of Sales and Marketing
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We decided to break up our trip home from Europe. The hotel was an excellent choice. Easy walking distance to great restaurants in Reston Town Center and super shopping. Very safe for women traveling alone. Free shuttle to Dulles. Large, well- appointed rooms and a friendly staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Happytraveller0617,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as well as stay with us! It means a great deal to us. Our goal is to exceed your expectations.

I am glad to see you were able to take advantage of the Reston Town Center and all it has to offer. I hope that your family had a great time as well.

I hope that you will stay with us again. We welcome the opportunity to host you and your family here in the future. Please have a wonderful week!

Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon
4.5 of 5 stars 143 reviews
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!