“Beautiful hotel and great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kitchener, Canada
“Beautiful hotel and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Reston on business. This is a beautiful hotel located in the planned community of Reston, Maryland. The location is convenient to Dulles Airport (IAD), and backs on Fountain Square. The Square is surrounded by small shops, restaurants, and offices, ensuring that you have lots of things to keep you busy when you have some free time. There is a restaurant in the hotel, called Tavern 21, but I didn't have a chance to try it out, and a Panera Bread Co. store in the lobby as well, with lots of space to meet and enjoy a more casual meal or breakfast. The hotel has its own parking garage attached, where you can park for a small $10 fee every day. The parking was well lit and secure. My car was parked for three days without incident. They also have valet parking if you prefer. The garage was never full when I was there, and if you want a spot that is wide open, the upper levels were almost unused. All the levels had video security cameras.

The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The hotel prides itself on being Green, and the toiletries fit this bill perfectly. The room was very quiet and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable. A great feature is the in-room safe, giving you a secure location for your most valuable items when you are out of the room. The HVAC unit was whisper quiet and fitted with an actual thermostat, making it easy to set the temperature to comfortable levels, and it never woke me up in the night - a rare thing in most hotels where I’ve stayed.

The day I arrived, I got to the hotel before check-in time. I needed WiFi access so I could connect with an online meeting, and the Front Desk graciously gave me the connection information so that I could use the hotel WiFi, enjoy a coffee from Panera Bread Co. and meet with my clients online. On the day I checked out, I still had half a day of meetings to attend. They allowed me to keep my car in the parking garage at no charge, and provided me with a spare key to use on exit.

I really appreciated the care and attention I received from the hotel staff. Rarely have I had a hotel experience as good as this!

Green Features: Very good, and well appreciated. While other hotels say the right things, the HR Reston actually does what they say!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear DougNix,

Thank you very kindly for your feedback and review!

We have just completed our 2014 Renovation and it is great to hear your feedback. I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our location. The Town Center is a fantastic place with more than 5o retail shops and over 30 restaurants.

It was also nice to see you took notice of our GREEN efforts as this is a large initiative for us.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of hosting you again here. You could then possibly check out our latest restaurant Tavern64 which features all locally grown organic foods.

Thank you again for your feedback and time. It is greatly appreciated. Please have a wonderful week!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Boone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Spent the weekend here for a wedding. The location couldn't be better, easy access to the highway, and lots of shops and restaurants in the centre - options without driving! The hotel was booked with several events. The staff was very nice and tried to quickly accommodate guests. We had a few snafus with our reservations and room cleaning- but they got it worked out.

Rooms were modern and clean. Only 4 elevators...very slow, took up to 5 minutes to leave the lobby! I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear SYBoone,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is truly appreciated and we take it very seriously.

I am glad to see you were able to take advantage of our location and services. It is also great to hear about our staff as we push our service culture and have high expectations of our service standards. I was sorry to hear about the elevators. I am sure they were fairly busy with all the events we did have in the hotel.

I do hope we have the opportunity to host you and your family here again soon! Please have a wonderful week and thank you again for your feedback!

Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was my third year staying at the Hyatt Regency Reston, VA. I thoroughly enjoy staying at this hotel. Each individual staff person that I interacted with during our stay was friendly, helpful and professional. Our room was tidy, comfy, cozy and quiet. The décor was a mixture of urban minimalism mixed with down home comfy chic. It was truly a place of peace and quiet after a day filled with frenzied activity. The hotel is conveniently located at the hub of a shopping town center. There are numerous excellent restaurants within walking distance as well as shopping venues. Also, on this stay we ordered Room Service and we were pleasantly pleased to discover that the menu prices were more than reasonable. In addition to reasonable pricing, the food was delicious. It was a perfect ending to a perfect stay. I look forward to future visits to this fine hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor with a beautiful panoramic view of Reston. We were on the back hallway whic...
Green Features: There were trash containers that were recycle friendly. You are able to control the room temperature yourself.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear travelprincess5220,

Thank you so much for your feedback and time! It is extremely valuable to us.

It is great to know you have continuously stayed with us! We thank you very much for your loyalty. I am glad you had the opportunity to experience the hotel as well as the Reston Town Center and Tavern64. We have just completed our 2014 Rooms Renovation and to hear your feedback on the rooms was perfect.

Thank you again for staying with us. I do hope that we have the opportunity to host you here again soon. Please have a wonderful week!

Director of Sales and Marketing
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We decided to break up our trip home from Europe. The hotel was an excellent choice. Easy walking distance to great restaurants in Reston Town Center and super shopping. Very safe for women traveling alone. Free shuttle to Dulles. Large, well- appointed rooms and a friendly staff.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Happytraveller0617,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as well as stay with us! It means a great deal to us. Our goal is to exceed your expectations.

I am glad to see you were able to take advantage of the Reston Town Center and all it has to offer. I hope that your family had a great time as well.

I hope that you will stay with us again. We welcome the opportunity to host you and your family here in the future. Please have a wonderful week!

Hamilton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was surprised to hear that the Hyatt was a pet friendly hotel. When we arrived we asked for a refrigerator for the room. Our dog is diabetic and we needed to keep her insulin in cold. We waited an hour or so and had to make a call to the front desk to remind them. We did get the refrigerator. The room was equipped with an over-sized bed for our pet and a bowl. That was a nice surprise. The room was very large and looked out over the indoor pool. It was a bit noisy. The pool and gym are run by a third party company. The hours during the week didn't allow my wife who was traveling with me to use the pool during the day (open after 5:00pm), so she spent her time at the shops which there are plenty of at the Reston Town Center. There are also a great deal of very good restaurants. There's also a movie theater at the Town Center as well. Both my wife and I are training for a half marathon. There is a great running/biking trail just adjacent to the hotel. You can run for 20 miles in one direction (towards Washington DC) or 26 miles in the other direction (W & OD park - narrowest park in VA - 100ft wide).

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool could be noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Nicholas D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.

Thank you for bringing your dog as well. We are certainly pet friendly and will always look to accommodate any way we can. I do apologize for any noise you may have experienced by the pool area. We do not typically hear of that but when we do we like to immediately correct it.

I am glad you had some time to see and enjoy the area as it is truly one of the best spots in Northern Virginia.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to host you here once again.

Please have a wonderful week and again thank you very much for your feedback.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was here for a business trip, and you couldn't do better for the Reston area. Quick check-in and out, nice room and lounge, and plenty of shopping and restaurants in walking distance. The free shuttle from the airport is an extra convenience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear jeffONTHEROAD2010,

Thank you kindly for your time and feedback. We truly value it.

The hotel's location is a perfect for any travel especially business. I hope you were able to experience the town center a bit. With more than 50 retail stores and over 30 restaurants, it definitely can keep anyone busy. Thank you for mentioning our rooms, as we have just finished our renovation.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to host you here again soon!

Please a have a wonderful week.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The seemingly new Tavern 64 was a great restaurant, specializing in locally sourced food and handmade drinks. And the prices were surprisingly reasonable for this kind of food. Pleasant and attentive staff at the hotel and the restaurant/bar. Clean, professional, and convenient. You can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tom F,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is very important to us.

It's nice to see you were able to experience Tavern64 our Regional Kitchen. We are very proud of what we do with the restaurant and work very hard to keep it very local and fresh, supporting all the local farms.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again here soon!

Please have a great week.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!