“Pet Friendly Hotel & a great Running Trail” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Pet Friendly Hotel & a great Running Trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was surprised to hear that the Hyatt was a pet friendly hotel. When we arrived we asked for a refrigerator for the room. Our dog is diabetic and we needed to keep her insulin in cold. We waited an hour or so and had to make a call to the front desk to remind them. We did get the refrigerator. The room was equipped with an over-sized bed for our pet and a bowl. That was a nice surprise. The room was very large and looked out over the indoor pool. It was a bit noisy. The pool and gym are run by a third party company. The hours during the week didn't allow my wife who was traveling with me to use the pool during the day (open after 5:00pm), so she spent her time at the shops which there are plenty of at the Reston Town Center. There are also a great deal of very good restaurants. There's also a movie theater at the Town Center as well. Both my wife and I are training for a half marathon. There is a great running/biking trail just adjacent to the hotel. You can run for 20 miles in one direction (towards Washington DC) or 26 miles in the other direction (W & OD park - narrowest park in VA - 100ft wide).

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool could be noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Nicholas D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback.

Thank you for bringing your dog as well. We are certainly pet friendly and will always look to accommodate any way we can. I do apologize for any noise you may have experienced by the pool area. We do not typically hear of that but when we do we like to immediately correct it.

I am glad you had some time to see and enjoy the area as it is truly one of the best spots in Northern Virginia.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to host you here once again.

Please have a wonderful week and again thank you very much for your feedback.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was here for a business trip, and you couldn't do better for the Reston area. Quick check-in and out, nice room and lounge, and plenty of shopping and restaurants in walking distance. The free shuttle from the airport is an extra convenience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear jeffONTHEROAD2010,

Thank you kindly for your time and feedback. We truly value it.

The hotel's location is a perfect for any travel especially business. I hope you were able to experience the town center a bit. With more than 50 retail stores and over 30 restaurants, it definitely can keep anyone busy. Thank you for mentioning our rooms, as we have just finished our renovation.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to host you here again soon!

Please a have a wonderful week.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

The seemingly new Tavern 64 was a great restaurant, specializing in locally sourced food and handmade drinks. And the prices were surprisingly reasonable for this kind of food. Pleasant and attentive staff at the hotel and the restaurant/bar. Clean, professional, and convenient. You can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tom F,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is very important to us.

It's nice to see you were able to experience Tavern64 our Regional Kitchen. We are very proud of what we do with the restaurant and work very hard to keep it very local and fresh, supporting all the local farms.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again here soon!

Please have a great week.

Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband spend the night at this Hyatt for July 4th.
We love it for its location and great price they always offer. We upgraded to a corner room which was very nice, and we were able to see the fire works from the 12th floor !!
The staff at the front desk was very nice and helpful with any questions we had. The price for the parking is very good when you compare with places in DC or Baltimore. We will keep on returning to this Hyatt!

Room Tip: ask for a corner room, it always helps for noise and away from elevators ! Also facing Reston town c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sweetie897,

Thank you very much for your review and positive note. We appreciate your time and feedback as it is very valuable to us.

It is always great to hear comments about our staff. We take great pride in our service culture. I am glad the upgraded room worked out! Especially to see the fireworks. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Please have a wonderful week.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

If I am going to Washington D.C. on business, I prefer to stay at the Hyatt Regency in Reston. The hotel is located in the Reston Town Center. There are lots stores, my favorite is Williams Sonoma. There several restaurants with in easy walking distance.

The Hyatt is reasonably priced given the hotel prices in downtown D.C. The service is excellent, the staff very professional. Rooms are large, the bed is excellent and condusive to a good nights sleep.Tavern 64 located in the hotel featuring farm fresh locally sourced ingredients provides room service. Nice touch. One nit picky gripe, 10 bucks to park you car.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Greybeard38,

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. It is very important to us. It is always such a pleasure to hear great feedback especially when it involves our team here. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations.

I am also glad to hear you were able to experience Tavern64 and our latest room delivery upgrade. We have always wanted to push the quality of our restaurant and the local area into our guest room program as so far it has been a success.

I do hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon. Please have a wonderful week and again thank you very much for your time and feedback!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Chose this hotel for the location and because it is a Hyatt property. The hotel itself is very nice. Plusses: the gym is above average for a hotel, very close to long running trails, clean, and in an excellent location. The hotel staff however was subpar for a Hyatt property. I was impressed with neither the receptionists at check-in, nor that concierge/hotel staff during my stay. For example, I requested a bottle of water (would have been happy to have it charged to my room) and the man at the front desk informed me that the convenience store (located in the lobby) was closed and there was nothing he could do. I realize this is not a Four Seasons, but I definitely expected better customer service. The room service food was good and there are a lot of decent restaurants within walking distance. I will be staying here again on another business trip next month and I am hoping the poor service was a fluke...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear ACRuns,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you very much for your feedback. It is very important to us. We take great pride in our service culture and hotel. Our location is truly key in the area but our true value has always been our service which is ranked very high within the hospitality industry.

It seems that may not have been reflected in your stay. Please know your concerns are immediately discussed with our teams here. I am happy to hear you will be staying with us again in the next month. If we can do anything to make your stay with us more comfortable please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you again for your time and feedback and we look forward to your future stay with us. Please have a wonderful week.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed overnight in the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Reston, Virginia on June 20, 2014 due to a flight cancellation at Dulles International Airport. The registration receptionist, Alice, was wonderful and very caring. We arrived at about 2 am, explained our situation and she promptly got us a room. We needed boarding passes for our alternate flights and she showed us the computer next to the registration desk and checked to make sure that the printer was working ok. We were able to print out our boarding passes on the computer. Alice noted that we did not have any baggage and asked if we needed any personal care items. We were fine but it was very thoughtful of her to think of it. She was so nice it made me feel like a guest in someone's home, a rare treat for a large hotel.
The hotel lobby was very nice and comfortable with lots of wood, comfortable chairs and very clean. Our room on the 10th floor was large, clean and the bed was delightful. Our view out of the room was over the small park in front of the hotel. The room was not far from the elevators which we also appreciated. The bathroom was clean and large enough for our needs. Everything in the bathroom looked and worked fine.
The only complaint I have is that the coffee machine in the room did not make good coffee and, in fact, the coffee was lousy. They never put enough sugar packets in the rooms. Furthermore, the sugar packets had a very minimal amount of sugar in each packet. We had just come from China and the coffee machines in the hotels in China were far better. The next morning when I was coming up in the elevator, a man got on the elevator carrying coffee cups which he said were from Panera. Obviously, he wasn't satisfied with the room coffee either. You would think that a hotel with such a delightful lobby and room would make more of an effort to have a decent coffee machine in the room.
We also ate breakfast in the Tavern 64 cafe right off the lobby of the hotel. The cafe was nice, clean and had a reasonable menu even if a little pricey. We paid $33.92 for breakfast for my wife and I. That seems fairly steep for breakfast. The coffee in the cafe was $3.50 per cup even though they refilled it once. The cafe coffee was only slightly better than the room coffee which isn't saying much.
All in all, the hotel was very nice, the registration receptionist was wonderful but the room coffee was awful and the cafe was a bit pricey.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear john07_11,

Thank you very much for your time and feedback. It was truly great to see your stay went well with us. I know it is never easy when a flight is cancelled and I am glad we were able to accommodate you.

It is also very nice to see that our service culture stands out especially when you arrive at an awkward time. I was also pleased to see you were able to visit us in Tavern64. We are very proud of our restaurant as it features all of our local farms. I was sorry to hear that the in room coffee was not to your liking but very happy to see when you went to the restaurant is was.

We certainly hope you can visit again. Please have a wonderful weekend and thank you again for your time and feedback!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!