“Renovation” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stafford, Virginia
“Renovation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Recently visited the Hyatt Reston for a two night weekend stay. Requested a low floor and we were checked into a 5th Floor Room. Awoke the next morning around 7am to pounding,dropping of objects, and moving of furniture. Went to the front desk and they advised me that renovations were taking place on the 6th, 7th. 8th, and 9th floor. No mention of renovation when we checked in. Do not suggest requesting a low floor for the next few months.

Room Tip: Any floor but the fifth.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Paul H.

We were saddened to learn of your experienced. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience caused. The new rooms project will transform and modernize our hotel and we're very excited about the product that will be offered going forward.

Your concerns will be shared with our team. It is our hope that you choose us again in the future.

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Overall this is a nice hotel in an ideal location for a night out in Reston VA . We got a decent deal that included breakfast , but be aware there are additional charges for parking .
The main issue was the construction noise in the hotel during our stay .It would have been nice to be advised about this on check-in or by a letter in the room which is the normal procedure . it was so noisy in the afternoon my wife could not face staying in the room ( they did finish about 5pm) . Next morning we fancied a sleep in but that was not going to happen when they started working again at 8am . To be fair i did complain at checkout and they did comp me the $10 parking fee.
The breakfast was very nice but service was not good , They seemed a bit stretched which left us waiting for a while to be seated , no menus to choose from , when we ordered they never took them the coffee i asked for never came until I asked again , so only a small tip was given.
Overall a nice hotel I would stay again ( and they promised me an upgraded room :-) )

Room Tip: Obviously ask for the new renovated rooms ;-)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bvlynch,

Thank you for your candid feedback. Please accept our regret over the experience you described. Our rooms renovation will provide a superior product once complete.

Your business is much appreciated. it is our hope that you choose us again in the future.

tmg0427
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel before with no issues but this time I was woken up in the middle of the night by a maintenance technician banging on furniture in the room next-door to me for one hour between 2 and 3 AM. When I told the manager about this in the morning she apologized but did not seem very sincere. There was no attempt to go above and beyond to make me happy such as giving extra points or even paying for breakfast. She said I should have called when the noise started but that does not explain why it is okay for maintenance to make that kind of noise in the middle of the night. I shouldn't be put in that situation as a paying guest. From now on I will stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Make sure no maintenance is occurring near your room in the middle of the night before you book a ro...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear TMG0427,

Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience that you describe and is inconsistent with the great service we provide daily.

Your comments are concerning to us. rest assured that they will be reviewed with every pertinent manager.

We are saddened to have lost your support and sincerely hope that you decide to give us another opportunity in the future.

Safe travels,
Bray, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Being a regular at this hotel I am probably biase. Only 10 minutes away from Dulles with hourly transfer. Situated in the Reston town center you have access to loads of restaurants within short walking distance. The hotel restaurant is reasonable and the service is good. I enjoy every stay as the staff is very good and helpful. The hotel have a good business center, conference rooms and adequate WIFI. Only downside is that the pool only opens at 5pm on weekdays.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kemalmbe,

Your favorable review is so appreciated. Glad to hear that our property and its location served you well.

Your business is appreciated. Please come see us again soon.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The public spaces are very attractive. The desk and housekeeping staff were helpful, professional, and courteous, and my room was very comfortable. The location is convenient to a number of fine restaurants and shops. Valet and self-parking were convenient. I recommend this hotel if your travel takes you to the Restion area.

Room Tip: I had an uninspired view. In this area I am not sure what would constitute a good view. The area i...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Duck1963

Thank you for your favorable and detailed review. Glad to hear that your experience was positive. Rest assured your feedback regarding the door stoppers will be passed along to management.

Your business is appreciated. Please come back & see us soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is one of my few domestic reviews for a hotel. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by all that this hotel had to offer. I have to admit that I was going to give this hotel a rating of 3, but after seeing the bigger picture, I reevaluated and the Reston Hyatt is definitely a 5!

I was greeted by the desk clerk who was very helpful. He gave me a quick synopsis of what was around since I was just looking for something quick to eat. He even gave me a local map and told met to call if I needed anything else. Upon leave, I experience this same generosity from a Grandmother of a 5 and 2 year old. She too was very pleasant and professional. After looking at the room, I was really impressed by the care that went into preparing the room (housekeeping staff is incredible). I never saw a housekeeper or cart but the place was spotless! I enjoyed the large bed, extra large table next to the bed (for phone, laptop, etc). They also had toothpaste and a toothbrush for those of us who may be a bit forgetful (I had mine). There were also several chairs in the room to sit in and they were all comfortable. Something that I noticed right away was there there were electrical outlets everywhere! This is a nice feature for electronic geeks like myself. I don't see this in Europe at all, so it was something that stands this hotel apart from the others.

Around the hotel are plenty of places to shop and eat. There is even an ice skating rink about 100' from the hotel back exit (and plenty of stores and food). I also enjoyed the shops and dining areas within the hotel itself.

Only thing that "almost" gave this hotel a lower rating was that there doesn't seem to be any "door dampeners". I write about this a lot because it is really annoying with "less than courteous" guests enter or exit their room and let their door SLAM. The sound and feel is enough to wake you from a slumbering sleep at late hours (especially with repeated entry/exit SLAMS). I hope that this gets taken care of quickly because the other stuff going on was enough to nudge me in the direction of a 5 instead of a 3. It is a really nice hotel with a great staff. People....please don't allow your doors to slam and be a bit more courteous to your neighbors.

I can't wait to visit this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the staff for a great view. They know the great rooms!
Green Features: The need door dampeners. It is a very clean hotel and the staff makes this a 5!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Duck1963,

So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for your favorable comments.

Best wishes for 2014 and please come back & see us.

Regards
Ship Bottom, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Reston has great rooms, shops nearby, best fitness center I have ever seen in the world for a hotel/resort. Great food, service, rooms. Top Shelf experience for the business traveler or couple. So many good places to eat in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarkO95

It was great to learn of your positive experience at our property. Thank you for your positive comments! Glad that our location served you well.

Your business is most appreciated. Please come back to visit us again and best wishes for 2014!

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!