“Above & Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Above & Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is one of my few domestic reviews for a hotel. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by all that this hotel had to offer. I have to admit that I was going to give this hotel a rating of 3, but after seeing the bigger picture, I reevaluated and the Reston Hyatt is definitely a 5!

I was greeted by the desk clerk who was very helpful. He gave me a quick synopsis of what was around since I was just looking for something quick to eat. He even gave me a local map and told met to call if I needed anything else. Upon leave, I experience this same generosity from a Grandmother of a 5 and 2 year old. She too was very pleasant and professional. After looking at the room, I was really impressed by the care that went into preparing the room (housekeeping staff is incredible). I never saw a housekeeper or cart but the place was spotless! I enjoyed the large bed, extra large table next to the bed (for phone, laptop, etc). They also had toothpaste and a toothbrush for those of us who may be a bit forgetful (I had mine). There were also several chairs in the room to sit in and they were all comfortable. Something that I noticed right away was there there were electrical outlets everywhere! This is a nice feature for electronic geeks like myself. I don't see this in Europe at all, so it was something that stands this hotel apart from the others.

Around the hotel are plenty of places to shop and eat. There is even an ice skating rink about 100' from the hotel back exit (and plenty of stores and food). I also enjoyed the shops and dining areas within the hotel itself.

Only thing that "almost" gave this hotel a lower rating was that there doesn't seem to be any "door dampeners". I write about this a lot because it is really annoying with "less than courteous" guests enter or exit their room and let their door SLAM. The sound and feel is enough to wake you from a slumbering sleep at late hours (especially with repeated entry/exit SLAMS). I hope that this gets taken care of quickly because the other stuff going on was enough to nudge me in the direction of a 5 instead of a 3. It is a really nice hotel with a great staff. People....please don't allow your doors to slam and be a bit more courteous to your neighbors.

I can't wait to visit this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask the staff for a great view. They know the great rooms!
Green Features: The need door dampeners. It is a very clean hotel and the staff makes this a 5!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Duck1963,

So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. Thank you for your favorable comments.

Best wishes for 2014 and please come back & see us.

Regards

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Ship Bottom, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Reston has great rooms, shops nearby, best fitness center I have ever seen in the world for a hotel/resort. Great food, service, rooms. Top Shelf experience for the business traveler or couple. So many good places to eat in walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarkO95

It was great to learn of your positive experience at our property. Thank you for your positive comments! Glad that our location served you well.

Your business is most appreciated. Please come back to visit us again and best wishes for 2014!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We've been to this hotel several times for business meetings but stayed for the weekend this time and loved it. The rooms are huge, the beds large and super comfortable, and the furniture and wall hangings very well appointed. It has the most comfortable hotel furniture we have seen in a long time. Free wireless Internet in the rooms that is very fast and easy to connect. The new restaurant features many farm to table specialties and the Sunday brunch was delicious and a good value. The hotel staff is very attention and di everything they could to make us feel welcome. The shops downstairs include Williams Sonoma and a wonderful Appalachian crafts store. Out the back door is a charming ice skating rink in the Reston town center and dozens of top rate restaurants and shops. This hotel is perfect for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds are larger. Avoid the 3rd floor where the pool and athletic center are located.
Green Features: Temperatures in rooms set to environmentally friendly temperatures. Cards in room recommend reuse of towels and bedding.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear NOVA_Manager,

We were thrilled to read your review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay! the pleasure is mutual.

Your support and greta comments are much appreciated.

On behalf of our entire staff, happy holidays! Please come back & visit us in 2014.
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

From the beginning this Hotel defines Hyatt service. The attentive staff consistently checked in to see if all my needs were met. Great location to a business meeting. From the bellman, front desk service starting with Elizabeth. Spacious rooms great winter view. I hope to return soon.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Bmerkle2005,

We are so grateful for your kind comments. And thrilled that you enjoyed your experience in our property.

Thank you for your business and please come back to visit us. Best wishes for a greta holiday season
Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed with my family over the recent Thanksgiving Day holiday. The Hyatt is situated right in the Reston Town Center which is a wonderfully built town with tons of great stores and restaurants with the traffic diverted to the outer streets of the town centr. Right outside the hotel was an ice rink and on the day after Thanksgiving the Town Center had a Thanksgiving Day parade. Rooms were decent size and quiet, but my biggest complaint was that the beds were Full's and not Queen beds. Supposedly they are upgrading to Queen's but for a hotel of this size and luxury the rooms should really have Queen beds. My suggestion to them is to get rid of the giant night stand tables - and just use one in the center and make the beds bigger.

Even though we were a family of 4 we did not get enough pillows nor towels and our toilet stopped up on the very first day. I did ask for extra pillows, towels and don't forget they will give you robes (only if you ask - be sure to ask for the Men's robes as they were much thicker and more luxurious than the women's robes-not sure why) and the staff was extremely accommodating.

There is a full gym and pool on-site - 3rd floor. We did not use the pool, but used the gym on several occasions and it was great - big, lot's of equipment, trainers on-site.

The hotel had wonderful holiday decorations with a great holiday train display...and they have a restaurant, a Panera Bread and gift shop attached to the lobby so there are things to do w/o leaving the hotel. The restaurant - Tavern was very good, but the staff were dim witted and our last meal there was almost ruined due to the incompetence of the waiter.

We have family in the area and would definitely consider staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Hotel is big so if walking is an issue choose a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear JAML65,

Great to hear that our location served you well. I am so sorrythat your request for room amenities did not meet your expectations. Yes, our rooms consist of either a king-sized bed, or two "full" double beds. A rooms renovation that will dramatically upgrade our rooms product begins in mid December.

Your business is appreciated. We enjoyed having you and your family as our guests. Hope you choose us again in the future.

Regards & happy holidays
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This property is fantastic with plenty of options for restaurants, activities, etc. The staff is friendly, accommodating -an anchor of the Reston Centre. Lobby and public places are ample..there is a Panera Bread right in the lobby for a quick bite or casual meeting. I return to this property every other week - I wish the rate was closer to the Hyatt Dulles.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear epowers444,

So glad you enjoye dour hotel. Thank you for sharing your positive comments.

Next year, our property will be better than ever, following a guest rooms and lobby renovation. Also, the Metro Silver Line will extend to Wiehle Avenue, Reston sometime in late winer/early spring.

Your business is much appreciated. Please come back & visit us again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recently a business trip required I stay in the Reston area. The Hyatt was selected by someone else and worked out to be perfect. Onsite parking was fine and the room was more than adequate. Nearby within walking distance were numerous restaurants and pubs as well as other services. The property had a great gym as well as an excellent sauna. The breakfast buffet was quite good. There was a mix up on when I was scheduled to check out and unfortunately the hotel was full. Sam at the front desk was very helpful and found another accommodation nearby. I would recommend the hotel if doing business in the local area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear TravelingFarmer V ,

I am so sorry about your reservations mix-up. And grateful for your positive and thoroughly descriptive review. We would love to earn your business. Hope you chose us during your next trip to the area.

Safe travels & happy holidays

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!