This is one of my few domestic reviews for a hotel. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised by all that this hotel had to offer. I have to admit that I was going to give this hotel a rating of 3, but after seeing the bigger picture, I reevaluated and the Reston Hyatt is definitely a 5!
I was greeted by the desk clerk who was very helpful. He gave me a quick synopsis of what was around since I was just looking for something quick to eat. He even gave me a local map and told met to call if I needed anything else. Upon leave, I experience this same generosity from a Grandmother of a 5 and 2 year old. She too was very pleasant and professional. After looking at the room, I was really impressed by the care that went into preparing the room (housekeeping staff is incredible). I never saw a housekeeper or cart but the place was spotless! I enjoyed the large bed, extra large table next to the bed (for phone, laptop, etc). They also had toothpaste and a toothbrush for those of us who may be a bit forgetful (I had mine). There were also several chairs in the room to sit in and they were all comfortable. Something that I noticed right away was there there were electrical outlets everywhere! This is a nice feature for electronic geeks like myself. I don't see this in Europe at all, so it was something that stands this hotel apart from the others.
Around the hotel are plenty of places to shop and eat. There is even an ice skating rink about 100' from the hotel back exit (and plenty of stores and food). I also enjoyed the shops and dining areas within the hotel itself.
Only thing that "almost" gave this hotel a lower rating was that there doesn't seem to be any "door dampeners". I write about this a lot because it is really annoying with "less than courteous" guests enter or exit their room and let their door SLAM. The sound and feel is enough to wake you from a slumbering sleep at late hours (especially with repeated entry/exit SLAMS). I hope that this gets taken care of quickly because the other stuff going on was enough to nudge me in the direction of a 5 instead of a 3. It is a really nice hotel with a great staff. People....please don't allow your doors to slam and be a bit more courteous to your neighbors.
I can't wait to visit this hotel again!!!
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Reston Hotel Reston
- Hyatt Regency Reston Hotel
- Reston Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Reston
- Reston Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four diamond property located in the heart of Reston Town Center. 2004 $8.2 Million dollar guestroom renovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Regency Reston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.