“Great hotel for a business trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great hotel for a business trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Reston for a week in late July / early August when visiting the area for business. The hotel itself is modern, with good sized rooms and plenty of facilities, such as gym, small pool and a tavern which provides an excellent place to have a pre-dinner drink. I also found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. However, the hotel's best feature is its location. Being right in the middle of downtown Reston allows extremely easy access to lots of local bars and restaurants meaning that it is possible to walk out for dinner whatever time you finish in the office; avoiding the need to have to worry about organising taxis. The shops are also close by in case you need to pick up anything for your trip or to take home to the family. We did not use the restaurant in the hotel for either dinner or breakfast as we tended to use the local restaurants in the town for dinner and we picked up breakfast from the deli / bakery which is in the hotel building and offers a much cheaper option if you are happy with a bagel or something similar. We had a car whilst we were in the area, so did not use the hotel shuttle, but there is a shuttle service which I think runs to and from Dulles Airport. Overall I found the hotel to be very comfortable and the location makes it an excellent option for anyone needing to stay in and around the Reston area. I will certainly use the hotel again in the future and would not hesitate to recommend it for business travellers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Matt-T78,

I was so glad to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for posting such a glowing review of our property.

Yes, please come back & visit us soon. We appreciate your business.

Cheers,
Ray

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We returned to the Hyatt one year later and still found it to be a great place to stay. My favorite thing about the hotel is that there is constantly someone available to help and to do so with a smile and in a warm manner. The cons were few- there are 3 coffee cups in each room but they only supply one package of sugar with creamer. My father also stayed and his room did not have any sugar or creamer at all. The elevators are very slow and when the hotel is sold out you may find that the stairs is your best option. We stayed on the 7th floor so we definitely got our exercise this past week. I had requested a refrigerator and the staff called to update me every single day and communicated that one was not available. I appreciated that gesture. The location is great and restaurants surround the hotel. There are concerts and events just outside the back door of the hotel on a regular basis under a covered area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Melaney68,

Thanks for you kind comments. Sorry to hear about the lack of coffee supplies-unnacceptable.

Your business is appreciated. We hope you choose us again next summer.

Regards,
Harpenden, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a good 4 night stay at the Hyatt. The hotel is right in the centre of Reston town, right by all the shops and restaurants so very convenient. There is also a shuttle every hour from Washington Dulles airport to the hotel which is only 15 minutes away.

My room was huge, comfortable and clean. The bed was very lovely and I slept really well. They also had good sound insulation and I heard almost no noise from neighbours. Breakfast was excellent every morning. There was a really good selection and the service was very friendly. We also ate in the restaurant one night and again the food was really good.

There is also a Panera cafe attached to the hotel which had a good selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, cakes and coffees which was a good alternative.

I would have given the hotel 4 stars, but have marked down based on there cancellation policy. I had originally booked the hotel for 5 nights but needed to reduce this to 4 nights. The only way to do this was to cancel the original booking and then rebook at a much higher rate. Not impressed.

Dear Monty_Harpenden,

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Our rate structure is based on the lenght of your stay. So, yes, you would pay more for a four-night stay than staying for five nights. If you have extended your stay, the opposite would apply..

Your business is much appreciated. Hope you choose us again when traveling to these parts.

Cheers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt because I was attending a conference at the hotel. The first thing I noted, when I arrived at the hotel, was that the registration desk for my conference could be seen from the hotel registration desk. That was very convenient because as soon as I checked into the hotel I checked into the conference before heading to my room. The second thing I noted was how clean the hotel was and how friendly the front staff was who greeted me.

Hotel room? Clean and comfortable. I was given an upgrade and it was awesome!

Parking? This was disappointing. Parking was 10.00/day for hotel guests and 24.00/day for valet. Since I was not using valet, I had to park my car in the garage before unloading. Since it was only me, that was very inconvenient.

Near by? Once I parked, I never had to leave the hotel. The hotel sits right in the Reston center and the center has everything you would need i.e., eating and shopping establishments. If you like a healthy food option, I highly recommend Sweetgreen. It is a salad shop that has organic grown products, including soft serve ice cream. If you want to exercise you can take a nice stroll around the center. For the most part it seemed safe; however, I did see someone getting arrested during the day (? shoplifting). If you need to fly in, Dulles is very near by.

Dear Tb2952,

Thanks for your pointed feedback. Great to hear that you enjoyed our location and experience overall.

Your business is appreciated. Hope you choose us again in the future.

Regards,
Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed for business. Staff was very friendly and helpful at check in. The room was nice enough although some of the fixtures were worn. The view from the 14th floor was great. The best thing about the hotel is it's location in the center of Reston town center. There are lots of places to eat and shop right outside the door. RTC is a happening place! For a reasonably priced breakfast, I recommend the Panera Bread located on the ground floor. All in all it was nice. I'll stay there again when in Reston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. They are really loud
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear TooOldtoRun,

Thank you for your candor. Your comments suggest that you enjoyed your stay and our property served you well. They seem to contradict your review's title and score.

Nevertheless, it is my hope that you did enjoy your stay and that you come & see us again. Your business is much appreciated.

Safe travels
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was outstanding. From the moment we arrived, in the rain, we were greeted warmly. Check in was quick and the bellhops were exceptional with service and advice. There are wonderful restaurants within walking distance, a Panera Bread inside the hotel, and, of course, a nearby Starbucks.
While being this close to DC, it was suggested that we take a bus to catch the Metro to avoid traffic. This was spot-on! The bus stop is one block away and the Metro is, by far, the best way to get around the Capitol.
The only complaint- our requested refrigerator did not get as cold as we would have liked, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear David O,

I was thrilled to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for sharing such a favorable review of your experience at our property.

The Silver Line metro extention comes to Retson in early 2014. It may provide easier access for you during future visits.

Your business is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel and it was a great experience! We were there for the NAM pageant and for all of the activity happening with this and other groups, I have to compliment the staff for how well organized they. This is a very busy hotel and I'm so impressed with the management and employees for executing such great service with so much going on. One employee that stood out this year was Denis (pronounced Dennis but I believe that his name tag only had one "n") a bellman. Even my 15 year old son commented on how kind and helpful he was. My son commented on how committed to his was. My son will take that with him through life and I know if will contribute to his work ethic because I could see that it really made an impression on him. I am a Director of Sales in a hotel (different brand) and I realize how valuable outstanding employees are in creating a great guest experience. We love this area! There is so much to offer with shops, restaurants and things to do making it a great destination. I already look forward to coming back next summer!

Room Tip: The Regency Club is an upgrade worth the money!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Diana R,

I was thrilled to hear your comments on your positive experience. So glad that your were happy with us as your choice hotel again. We enjoy our partnership with NAM and always look forward to welcoming back its guests.

Your feedback will be shared with our staff. So encouraging...

Thanks you for your business! We look forwar dto seeing you next summer.

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!