“Good business hotel, shame about the cancellation policies” 3 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Harpenden, UK
“Good business hotel, shame about the cancellation policies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had a good 4 night stay at the Hyatt. The hotel is right in the centre of Reston town, right by all the shops and restaurants so very convenient. There is also a shuttle every hour from Washington Dulles airport to the hotel which is only 15 minutes away.

My room was huge, comfortable and clean. The bed was very lovely and I slept really well. They also had good sound insulation and I heard almost no noise from neighbours. Breakfast was excellent every morning. There was a really good selection and the service was very friendly. We also ate in the restaurant one night and again the food was really good.

There is also a Panera cafe attached to the hotel which had a good selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, cakes and coffees which was a good alternative.

I would have given the hotel 4 stars, but have marked down based on there cancellation policy. I had originally booked the hotel for 5 nights but needed to reduce this to 4 nights. The only way to do this was to cancel the original booking and then rebook at a much higher rate. Not impressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Monty_Harpenden,

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Our rate structure is based on the lenght of your stay. So, yes, you would pay more for a four-night stay than staying for five nights. If you have extended your stay, the opposite would apply..

Your business is much appreciated. Hope you choose us again when traveling to these parts.

Cheers

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt because I was attending a conference at the hotel. The first thing I noted, when I arrived at the hotel, was that the registration desk for my conference could be seen from the hotel registration desk. That was very convenient because as soon as I checked into the hotel I checked into the conference before heading to my room. The second thing I noted was how clean the hotel was and how friendly the front staff was who greeted me.

Hotel room? Clean and comfortable. I was given an upgrade and it was awesome!

Parking? This was disappointing. Parking was 10.00/day for hotel guests and 24.00/day for valet. Since I was not using valet, I had to park my car in the garage before unloading. Since it was only me, that was very inconvenient.

Near by? Once I parked, I never had to leave the hotel. The hotel sits right in the Reston center and the center has everything you would need i.e., eating and shopping establishments. If you like a healthy food option, I highly recommend Sweetgreen. It is a salad shop that has organic grown products, including soft serve ice cream. If you want to exercise you can take a nice stroll around the center. For the most part it seemed safe; however, I did see someone getting arrested during the day (? shoplifting). If you need to fly in, Dulles is very near by.

Dear Tb2952,

Thanks for your pointed feedback. Great to hear that you enjoyed our location and experience overall.

Your business is appreciated. Hope you choose us again in the future.

Regards,
Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed for business. Staff was very friendly and helpful at check in. The room was nice enough although some of the fixtures were worn. The view from the 14th floor was great. The best thing about the hotel is it's location in the center of Reston town center. There are lots of places to eat and shop right outside the door. RTC is a happening place! For a reasonably priced breakfast, I recommend the Panera Bread located on the ground floor. All in all it was nice. I'll stay there again when in Reston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. They are really loud
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear TooOldtoRun,

Thank you for your candor. Your comments suggest that you enjoyed your stay and our property served you well. They seem to contradict your review's title and score.

Nevertheless, it is my hope that you did enjoy your stay and that you come & see us again. Your business is much appreciated.

Safe travels
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was outstanding. From the moment we arrived, in the rain, we were greeted warmly. Check in was quick and the bellhops were exceptional with service and advice. There are wonderful restaurants within walking distance, a Panera Bread inside the hotel, and, of course, a nearby Starbucks.
While being this close to DC, it was suggested that we take a bus to catch the Metro to avoid traffic. This was spot-on! The bus stop is one block away and the Metro is, by far, the best way to get around the Capitol.
The only complaint- our requested refrigerator did not get as cold as we would have liked, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear David O,

I was thrilled to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for sharing such a favorable review of your experience at our property.

The Silver Line metro extention comes to Retson in early 2014. It may provide easier access for you during future visits.

Your business is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel and it was a great experience! We were there for the NAM pageant and for all of the activity happening with this and other groups, I have to compliment the staff for how well organized they. This is a very busy hotel and I'm so impressed with the management and employees for executing such great service with so much going on. One employee that stood out this year was Denis (pronounced Dennis but I believe that his name tag only had one "n") a bellman. Even my 15 year old son commented on how kind and helpful he was. My son commented on how committed to his was. My son will take that with him through life and I know if will contribute to his work ethic because I could see that it really made an impression on him. I am a Director of Sales in a hotel (different brand) and I realize how valuable outstanding employees are in creating a great guest experience. We love this area! There is so much to offer with shops, restaurants and things to do making it a great destination. I already look forward to coming back next summer!

Room Tip: The Regency Club is an upgrade worth the money!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Diana R,

I was thrilled to hear your comments on your positive experience. So glad that your were happy with us as your choice hotel again. We enjoy our partnership with NAM and always look forward to welcoming back its guests.

Your feedback will be shared with our staff. So encouraging...

Thanks you for your business! We look forwar dto seeing you next summer.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Me & my family reserved two rooms at this hotel for N.A.M Pageant weekend. They hotel tried to over charge us they didn't give us the pageant rate & when it was time to check out they'd tried to charge us more money. After all was said & done we ended up talking to a manager who told us he couldn't change the rate then after a dispute he finally did Atleast that's what we thought until we got home & found out the hotel tried to charge our card again on 3 different accessions for 3 different amounts, Lucky for us we had used a prepaid card so the extra money that they tried to take they didn't get! & to top it off they didn't give us any clean linens until the night before check out. The only person that seemed to be truely concerned was a front desk clerk name Crystal, She was very friendly & tried her best to get to the root of the problem. Miss communication was the root of the problem & the dumb manager that screwed up our check in & the other dumb manager that acted like he couldn't fix the problem & then tried to recharge the card after we had already checked out of the hotel. Signing off as a very pissed dissatisfied customer who should take y'all to court for illegally trying to recharge my card after we had checked out & thought everything had been resolved!!!!!! :-( Poor management & customer service. Y'all need to hire some friendly staff & fire all the clerks & mangers except for Crystal she was the only concerned front desk clerk

• Stayed July 2013
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Intele,

I was saddened to hear your review. Upon investigation, yes your rate was not originally booked to reflect the event discount. Once you brought the issue to our attention, it was corrected immediately by Sam and Crystal. The experience you present in your review is not consistent with the excellent level of care and service that we show to hundreds of guests daily.

Nevertheless, your candor is appreciated and I apologize for any confusion. It is our hope that you choose us again in the future.

Enjoy the rest of your summer
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I attended a ballroom dance competition here and thought the hotel was very nice, clean, and well maintained. I cannot speak for how the rooms were as we did not stay overnight. The ballroom was beautiful and the lobby was large and open, full of natural light. Parking is via garage. There is a lot of walking/shopping opportunities right around the corner from this hotel. You will have plenty of places to eat and shop. This is a good choice to use if you would like to spend some time at the nearby Air and Space museum in Chantilly VA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Typs4U,

Thank you for your favorable review. Glad you found our hotel to your liking. We enjoy hosting the dance competition every year.

Please come & visit us again soon.

Regards,

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!