“Great hotel and fabulous location- the staff is wonderful and took great care of all the dancers at our competition!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Reston

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a weekend recently for a dance convention and loved this property. The room was roomy, clean, and had great amenities (I.e. products). Onsite restaurant was a bit pricey but excellent. There is a Panera that we basically lived at for two days however there are several restaurants adjacent to the property. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2013
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear bermudalovers,

Thank you for the great review. I can't appreciate enough your glowing endorsement of our property. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience.

We will do everything possible to have a better than ever hotel for you when you return next year.

Thanks for your business. We can't wait to have you back as our guest.

Warm regards and best wishes for a great year

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay in Reston several times a year & usually stay at the Westin, however on this occasion I chose the Hyatt as other colleagues were also staying there. It is a couple of years since I have stayed there.

Firstly, the Hyatt is in a great location, right in Reston Town Centre & steps away from the shops, restaurants, and entertainment. Parking is easy in the adjacent garage.

The room was as I expected, comfortable & nicely appointed, but the bathroom was seriously tired - shower surround hanging away from the wall, cracked tiles, and stained grouting. Just age I think, refresh badly needed.

My opinion was confirmed in the bar - the bar rail was broken & clearly had been for a while. One small TV in the corner & frankly unappealing.

This could be an absolutely great hotel - but it needs a refurbishment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Robh9999,

Your candid comments are well received. While our property is still in very good condition, we realize the are several other new hotels int he market. Yes, you can expect updates and improvements in the near future.

Thank you for your business and otherwise positive review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Please come back & visit us again.

Cheers & safe travels,
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We did a short weekend stay here and the place is very nice. Very close to a very nice movie theater and several good places to eat. The bars inside are very cool and the breakfast set up is what you'd expect.

• Stayed February 2013
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear peleliu08,

Thank you for your favorable comments. Greta to hear that you enjoyed your experience and our location served you well. Your gracious comments will be shared with our employees as we strive to make ll our guests happy.

Please come back & see us again soon.

Regards,
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I spent four days at the Hyatt Regency Reston as part of a large annual event. This was our first time in this hotel.

The hotel itself has excellent facilities, including an attached parking deck, spacious and comfortable lobby, swift and convenient check-in and a convenient location.

The hotel's restaurant is decent but expensive. I had a few glasses of wine there, and I had the breakfast buffet, which was a bit pricey at over $20.

The room was very nice, with comfortable bedding, a nice TV and a large bathroom. There were plenty of linens, and the room was well-maintained throughout our stay.

The major disappointment was the quality of the banquet food. I ate four banquet meals during my stay, and I didn't think that any of them were very good. One particular lunch consisted of a small bowl of beef barley soup, a turkey wrap with potato salad and two small brownies. I could have gotten a better meal at less than half the price at the Panera in the lobby.

Fortunately, there are plenty of restaurants nearby, including a Clyde's that's right out the back. There are at least ten restaurants within two blocks of the hotel. If you're there on a weekend, you'll want to make reservations in advance because most of them fill up.

A few other points: The elevators can be difficult to find, and some of the rooms are a very long walk from the elevators. If you are disabled or are carrying a lot of baggage, you may want to request a room close to the elevators.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear ARWhite,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback on our banquet food is concerning as it is one of the reasons many of our large event customers return every year. While I'm not sure which event you attended, I wonder if the menu you were served was based on a limited budget.

Nevertheless, you can rest assured that your valuable comments will be reviewed by our culinary team. We appreciate your business and sincerely hope that you vsist us again in the future.

Huntington Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you fly into Dullas airport, then this is a great place to stay. It is clean and has an excellent place to eat. I highly recommend the Market street grill downstairs. It is probably one of the best hotel restaurants I have eaten at. I usually stay at the Marriott, but I am glad I tried this place out.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Chuck S,

Please accept my gratitude over your favorable review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and its restaurant and location. I will pass along your kind words to our staff for encouragement.

Hope your travels bring you to our doors again soon.

Regards and safe travels,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel. The first time was seven years ago! For an aging hotel, I can honestly say that it has gotten better. It is hard to find fault with the rooms, which are spacious, nicely furnished and welcoming. My only criticism is that the towels in the bathroom could be of a higher quality. They are a little too small and not very plush. Also, I would have appreciated a bath robe. Otherwise, everything was definitely above average. The bathroom was very clean, which I appreciate today because of health concerns.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room, so you really don't need to worry. Downtown Reston is quiet, cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear dlwintermia,

Thank you so much for the positive review! Glad to ehar that you found our hotel to your confort. Yes, we do everything possible to keep the hotel fresh for returning guests like you.

Your wishes will be relayed and taken into consideration.

Your repeat business is much appreciated. Hope we see you around these parts again soon.

Regards,
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Got a great deal on Priceline for this hotel during Inauguration weekend, and was happy to be able to stay at a 4-star hotel without breaking the bank when everywhere else was charging up the nose. It's in the Reston Town Center, which is basically an outdoor mall with a variety of restaurants and shops. It's also a 5 minute walk away from the bus stop that takes you to the West Falls Church Metro station. Got a room with a king-sized bed that was a little firm but comfortable. The overall ambience of the lobby and hotel room was clean and classy. All of the staff were also very courteous and helpful; from calling taxis, to room service, to getting us extra hangers, they accommodated all of our requests.

Only knocks I'd give it:
- It's far from DC (about 1 hr commute each way). It's especially hard to go back and forth with a toddler, but that's what we signed up for. There's supposed to be a new Silver Metro line opening near the hotel later this year (although not in time for the Inauguration) which may help cut down on the commute.
- Wi-fi in the room is extra. There is free wi-fi to be found at the adjacent Panera Bread and other mall shops.

Overall, I think it was worth staying here and would do it again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear aymlam79,

Thanks for your positive comments. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our property and that its location served you well.
'
Your business is appreciated. Come see us again soon.

Regards and best wishes for 2013,
Ray

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!