“Years have been kind” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Years have been kind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel. The first time was seven years ago! For an aging hotel, I can honestly say that it has gotten better. It is hard to find fault with the rooms, which are spacious, nicely furnished and welcoming. My only criticism is that the towels in the bathroom could be of a higher quality. They are a little too small and not very plush. Also, I would have appreciated a bath robe. Otherwise, everything was definitely above average. The bathroom was very clean, which I appreciate today because of health concerns.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room, so you really don't need to worry. Downtown Reston is quiet, cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear dlwintermia,

Thank you so much for the positive review! Glad to ehar that you found our hotel to your confort. Yes, we do everything possible to keep the hotel fresh for returning guests like you.

Your wishes will be relayed and taken into consideration.

Your repeat business is much appreciated. Hope we see you around these parts again soon.

Ray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Got a great deal on Priceline for this hotel during Inauguration weekend, and was happy to be able to stay at a 4-star hotel without breaking the bank when everywhere else was charging up the nose. It's in the Reston Town Center, which is basically an outdoor mall with a variety of restaurants and shops. It's also a 5 minute walk away from the bus stop that takes you to the West Falls Church Metro station. Got a room with a king-sized bed that was a little firm but comfortable. The overall ambience of the lobby and hotel room was clean and classy. All of the staff were also very courteous and helpful; from calling taxis, to room service, to getting us extra hangers, they accommodated all of our requests.

Only knocks I'd give it:
- It's far from DC (about 1 hr commute each way). It's especially hard to go back and forth with a toddler, but that's what we signed up for. There's supposed to be a new Silver Metro line opening near the hotel later this year (although not in time for the Inauguration) which may help cut down on the commute.
- Wi-fi in the room is extra. There is free wi-fi to be found at the adjacent Panera Bread and other mall shops.

Overall, I think it was worth staying here and would do it again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear aymlam79,

Thanks for your positive comments. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our property and that its location served you well.
'
Your business is appreciated. Come see us again soon.

Regards and best wishes for 2013,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 1/19 - 1/22 for the presidential inauguration. When we arrived we were greeted by Elisabeth who checked us in and provided details regarding transportation, sight-seeing, and dining. The lobby and rooms are beautiful! The hotel is located in the Reston City Centre - shopping and restaurants are conveniently connected to the hotel. The metro stop is a block away and the hotel provides airport transportation. Our in room safe and refrigerator weren't working. No problem - Elisabeth had engineers in our room within minutes to fix the safe and had a new fridge delivered within minutes. She also followed up with a phone call to ensure us the engineers would be finishing the work soon - and they did. Jokingly, I asked the engineer if they take customer relations classes weekly - he replied monthly. This hotel has raised the bar for Customer Service. Others should follow their lead. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again. Elisabeth, Jovie, Afm, and Maria G - you all are the best in your fields!

Room Tip: The room was quiet, well appointed, all have great views because of the hotels location in the city...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BigRex,

Wow! Please accept my gratitude over your fantastic review. Good to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and received the service you deserved.

Yes, Elizabeth is a true gem. The engineering department do take customer service seriously.

It was apleasure to have you as our guest. Thanks for your business. We look forwar dto your next visit.

Safe travels,
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed here allot and cannot say enough about the perfect location. The hotel itself does not differ much from the good standard you would expect at a Hyatt.
The lobby has a Panera brea shop which is great from breakfast and home cooked fresh bread products.. the pub downstairs is also very good as is the morning breakfast. skate rink in the back as well during winter.
did i mention the great location close to al shops, pubs and food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear B787skipper,

Thank you much for your kind review. We have hosted many guests in the past from your home country and miss them. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Safe travels and best wishes for 2013. Hope we see you around these parts again soon.

Holderness, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

What a wonderful haven after a frightening experience. From the time we walked through the doors late at night until our departure the next morning we were greeted with only good news and pleasant surprises. The room we were assigned on the 11th floor was very spacious, absolutely clean and totally comfortable. Our room service order arrived promptly and hot. We enjoyed a breakfast buffet the next day with made to order omelets which was included in the price of the room. Guest computers are available in the lobby to obtain boarding passes, for speedy check out, and for general internet purposes. Staff members were cordial, attentive and down right friendly. All this for the AAA rate of $117.00. What was the frightening experience? A trip to the ER midway through a trip to Los Angeles which turned out OK. I would definitely return to the Hyatt chain.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Betsy W,

Thank you for posting your oh-so favorable review. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us...especially following a trip to the ER (Hope you're Ok).

Your business is appreciated. Please come and visit us again.

Safe travels.
Centreville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First of all don’t ever get a New years package here ever. It's not worth it for the price. Not to mention you will be charged with weird charges that don’t make sense.
I don’t know where or when they got the four star rating , but it's not current at the moment. They get a four star for charges. They charge for internet, Valet and Parking when its free around the corner. The rooms are starting to show their age. The I home radio didn’t work , the bed was horrible, stiff and not comfortable. I slept in better beds at 2 star hotels. The TV in bathroom is a nice touch. The shower knob required me to use two hands and a multi vitamin.
The in room safe is nice for valuables. Surprised they didn’t charge for that. The dinner is the best at the market st grill , the staff there were wonderful. The dinner menu was acceptable and delicious. But in the morning wow !!! Night and day literally. The breakfast was horrible. The setup was mediocre. One toaster and a slow one at that . Omelet and french toast took forever i could have walk to McDonald and ordered a biscuit and still be waiting. I had better tasting food in the space program. I was looking around for scientist to come out with clip boards. I felt like the sausage was rubber as well as the potatoes. french toast tasted like fake toast with syrup. better to skip the breakfast. Two tone door knobs in the room rusting door hinges and misc charges. I had high expectations , I was let down. The entertainment was small but good. I had to go leaps and bounds to see and hear them. It was to Crowded and to congested to dance. I certainly didn’t get my moneys worth with the package and the room. I cant recommend the new years package, but the staff for the most part was great and accommodating for the most part. The theme of the room and the decorations were a bit dated as well . The paintings and pictures on the walls were pointless and had no meaning or depth. Plus to top it all off at the end I started off my new year with being double charged on my card and misc charges on my bill. The package indicated $300.00 all inclusive. Which means when your dealing with Hyatt Regency Reston your paying $615.32 . You do the math , if you can pay with cash and a prepaid card you may survive. There math is way up there and they or I cant justify it. Spend your hard earned somewhere where you can justify the cost. Pictures
included and you be the judge. Happy travels to all fellow travelers !!!

Room Tip: Dont choose any at all , Go else where .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TIMEX2020,

Please accept my most sincere regret over your poor experience. The service and issues you describe are not consistent with the outstanding service that hundreds of guests enjoy at our property daily.

Rest assured that your feedback will be shared with our Managing Committe.

Nevertheless, thank you for your business. It is my hope that you visit us again. I am confident that your experience would be different.

Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here in July for a meeting. It was very nice, the bed was comfy, and it was great with having restaurants and shopping so close by. Breakfast was average. I thought the staff was great. Had several problems with my flight coming in extremely late and they were quick and gave me a larger room and then my flight home was cancelled and they were able to add another day without a problem even though there was a large group checking in. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Audiogrl,

Thank you for your favorable review and candid feedback. Please accept my regret over your breakfast experience. Your feedback will be shared with our culinary team as we always strive to exceed every guest's expectations.

Glad that overall, you did enjoy your stay...especially after being stranded dat the airport!

On behalf of our staff, thank you for choosing Hyatt. Please come back & vsist us.

Ray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt House Herndon
#8 of 20 in Herndon
4.5 of 5 stars 144 reviews
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!