This hotel is a 4-star hotel and the rates are not cheap. Nevertheless, they still charge you for wi-fi and it isn't cheap. Furthermore, the wi-fi speed is around 1.5 Mbps unless you pay even more for the "premium" service which only affords you speeds of 3.5Mbps. These speeds are incredibly slow and are insufficient for any teleconferencing you might need to do from the hotel. When I stay at the Hampton, clearly NOT a 4-star hotel, the speeds are usually around 10-12 Mbps! The staff was NOT knowledgeable when it came to questions about the wi-fi but clearly they need to either update their bandwidth or at least give the wi-fi for free. Further, the staff was not overly-friendly nor service oriented.
Lastly, the toilet in my room didn't work correctly from the moment I got in my room. The water in it just ran and ran, them on the second night the flushing handle broke off.
I give it a 3 out of 5 stars overall and that's mostly due to the good location.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Reston Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Reston Hotel Reston
- Reston Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Reston
- Reston Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful four diamond property located in the heart of Reston Town Center. 2004 $8.2 Million dollar guestroom renovation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Reston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.