“Poorly laid out & $15 a day for wi-fi!!!???” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Poorly laid out & $15 a day for wi-fi!!!???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I went here as a chaperone for a group of high school students. The hotel was packed and the layout of the elevators made it such that waits were interminable. Apparently this hotel is very popular with conventions as it is next to Reston Town Center. if you are planning to stay, ask if a conference is planned concurrent with your stay. If there is, get a room on the 3rd floor so you can use the stairs.

The rooms were nice enough, not much in the way of amenities other than a shoeshine stand. The thing that really bothered me though was the $14.95 daily charge for internet in the rooms. If Motel 6 can figure out a way to offer it for free, I think Hyatt could as well. There is a Panera bread near the hotel and many people congregated there for the free wi-fi.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear CvilleJohn,

iT was dissapointing to hear our property did not meet your expectations. You are correct: we are the most popular destination in the Dulles area for group meetings and conventions. Besides our convenient Reston Town Center location, our convenient floor plan and superior service, as cited by our clients.

Yes, there is a fee for internet service. I'm sure you would agree our hotel is a different product than a Motel 6.

Your business is much appreciated. Hopefully you will choose us again in the future.

Sincerest regards,

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Reston Hyatt and was part of a conference taking place on-site. Check-in was handled in an efficient and pleasant manner and our room was well-appointed. I am always surprised when a full-service hotel charges for Internet use. I would like to propose an idea. Why don't you assume everyone will use your WiFi. Its probably true. So, just add the charge into the nightly rate and then the traveler will not feel annoyance at yet another charge.
My stay was generally pleasant. The location is wonderful - Reston Town Center is charming. We were there when all the shopkeepers were having a trick or treat Halloween event for local children. We had lunch on the patio of a nearby restaurant and watched as dozens of adorable little children walked by in costume. There are countless wonderful shops and restaurants so there is plenty to do.
Here are my complaints. Your elevators are the slowest I have ever encountered. I am not making a generalization here. Your elevators were literally THE slowest ever. It became quicker to just walk up and down the steps.
Check-out time is noon. I left the room at 8:30 to get breakfast and returned only to find housekeeping in the room. Surprisingly, she did not make any move to leave even after I sat down in the chair obviously wanting to enjoy the room I had through noon. I think she would have stayed and cleaned the bathroom had I not told her we were not finished in the bathroom. I was a bit disturbed that she came into a room full of luggage, with clothes hanging in the closet and toiletries and clothes in the bathroom and assumed we were finished with the room!! I was most upset I was unable to get a few hours of additional sleep since she changed the bedsheets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear kate16,

That you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. Your candor and honest feedback are well received. Rest assured that your sugestions will be reviewed.

Your business is much appreciated. Hopefully you'll choose us again in the future.

Ray

Ps-stay safe during the storm!
columbia sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel was very nice, but at $200.00 plus per night, it felt more like $100.00 a night hotel. I can go to another well known chain and get a very clean well appointed room and get free wifi and breakfast. Not sure what this offered for the extra money. The wifi was $10.00 a day but that only let you use one device. $15.00 if you need more than one connection. And the connection was so slow I could not log into work.

I tavel a lot to many different areas. I set my expectations based on what is available locally. They are not always the best. That is okay, but at these rates I expected more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear magjek,

That you for your stay and comments. It is dissapointing to learn that the hotel did not meet your value expectations. Nevertheless, we are grateful for your business and hope that you consider us again when visiting Northern Virginia.

Regards and hope you are not affected much by the inclement weather.
Great Neck, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I just stayed at the Hyatt Reston this past weekend (check out date 10/21)

The hotel is a very nice business hotel, as Regency is known for. I was here for a family gathering and the hotel was perfectly located to all. We did enjoy the Reston Town Center, the proximity to all of this was perfect.

Upon arrival at the property, we were greeted very pleasantly by the bellman and valets. They helped us with our luggage, as they should do, to the front desk. The front desk staff was very helpful and got us checked in right away. I was told I was in a business room and this included free wifi (I wasn't told that this was only for TWO DEVICES THOUGH), and breakfast for 1 daily (my complaint about this, I was not told that it HAD to be in the restaurant). I will not delve into any of this, but I do think that more than 2 devices should be on the free wifi.

The room was very quaint and for the most part sound proofed. Being a world traveler, I am use to some amenities that I realize a business hotel will not provide. But the bed was very comfortable, the bedroom was very comfortable as well. The bathroom could use some updating and could definitely use a lot more LIGHT. Especially in the shower. Bath amenities were typical Hyatt Place and Hyatt Regency amenities, nothing too great or that stands out here. I was pretty ticked off on Saturday though, my girlfriend and I spent the entire day (from 10am till 5pm) out of the room. When we walked out at 10am, there was a housekeeper cleaning the room next to ours. But upon arrival back to our room at 5pm, the house keeper was just cleaning our room. Again, I won't delve into this, but this ROYALLY SUCKED To the DOS who will probably read this, read my other reviews please, I rarely use/if ever use the word sucked in a review.

As for the hotel amenities, the proximity to the Town Center is invaluable. I am a gym rat, as my girlfriend tells me, and I was okay with the gym here. I had spent about an hour working out, and then jumped into the pool to relax before heading back out. It's nice to have an indoor pool and to jump into it after working out. I never stepped foot in the hotel restaurant, as I was at family events, only walked through the main lobby and it was very nice, and didn't get to check out the Regency Club.

I'd say this is a nice hotel and in a perfect location. For people traveling to Reston on business, this is the place to be. If you're looking for class and sophistication, I'd suggest driving 20 minutes or so and go to the Ritz Tysons Corner. I will be using this property again, and look forward to it.

Thank you very much, for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear worldtraveler0411,

Please accept my gratitude for the thoughtful and detailed review of your stay at our property. Your candor and honest feedback are appreciated. Rest assured they will be reviewed with our management committee.

While it seems that overall your experience was positive, I regret and apologize for anything that did not meet your expectations.

It was also refreshing to see that you anticipated how quickly I would read this review-no offense taken with your choice of words.

Please stop by & visit us again.

Dublin, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here 4 nights on business. It's a great location - walking distance to shopping, restaurants and a movie theater. Very nice work out facility. I used the pool and hot tub one evening around 5pm and I was the only one there the entire time (besides the lifeguard). Rooms are very nice although some mildew in the shower and a few areas, such as vents, were not as clean as you would expect. The elevators were a little slow and the stair system a little confusing, but all in all this is a great place to stay and I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Caroline D,

Thank you for taking the time to comment your experience during your stay at our property. Your candid feedback is appreciated and well received. We will pay particular attention to those areas which did not meet your satisfaction.

I am glad that, overall, you did enjoy your stay.

We would love to welcome you back during your next visit to Reston.

Warm regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel is comfortable and convenient to shopping (attached.) Staff is very friendly and the best deal is in the weekend thru AAA. Room and breakfast for 117.00. Have to pay 8.00 a night for parking (kind of steep, in my opinion). Breakfast was very pricey on Sunday morning if not included in the room. Two would have spent in excess of $40 for a buffet. Probably the going rate in DC, tho'. Traffic is hideous from D.C. (Took 75 minutes from the elipse to the hotel on Saturday evening, so plan accordingly.) especially at 4:00 p.m. Had a handicapped room with two double beds. Pretty comfortable. Pillows were awful...too hard for us. Bedding was nice. Room as very accessible for person in wheelchair. Bathroom had limited surface for toiletries, just a shelf, no counters. Here's a tip, if there is a line to check out use the computer screens on the right hand side of the reception desk. Be sure to take one room key...otherwise you will not be able to get out of the parking garage without help.You will also have to pay for internet service, which I thought was kind of cheap for such a high end facility. I think it was $13.00 per day. IU didn't use it. Elevators were sort of slow. There was a pool we didn't use. If you are in a wheelchair note that you will have to circumnavigate the main reception area in order to get to a lower level where there is shopping and coffee. M Street grill where the breakfast was is right off the elevators. If you have a question, ask, there are not 100% forthcoming with everything you need to know. Unlike another reviewer, I just left my car int the turnaround to check in and just ignored the door staff, but not to be mean. They didn't tell me I couldn't leave my car there.... (Like where to go for the comp breakfast and how to get out of the garage after you have checked out.) Waite4rs are very accomodating in the restaurant. Overall, it was just right for us.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it was fine for us. It was quiet except for some partiers who showed...