“Customer service is what it's all about...” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Customer service is what it's all about...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent three nights at the Hyatt for my daughter's National American Miss pageant and we were greeted by staff before my car even came to a halt as I pulled in the entrance. I always felt welcomed and a smile was the norm from every single employee I met. A repairman came to fix the cold water (that was running warm) and he actually finished the conversation inquiring about our stay. (That was a first!) The room was spacious enough for me to work out in, there was a large workout room and a small indoor pool (limit of 20 people) on the 3rd floor, and the walk to nearby shops and restaurants was literally out the door. The negatives were that the elevators were slow (thankfully we were on the 4th floor and could easily use the stairs) and our room could have been cleaned better. (We found a peanut and a crayon box from previous guests, the coffee was not replaced one morning, and our towels could have been changed out each day.) I did not complain as these were minor things. I also appreciated the group rate that was offered. As guests we paid $8 a night to park in the Hyatt's garage. There is a free parking garage for the town center just down the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ray M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Melaney 68,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Your candid comments were most appreciated. It is regretful that our housekeeping service did not meet your expectations. I truly apologize. Also, you can rest assured that we will take your suggestions seriously in our ever quest to improve our service.

Regards, and hopefully we will have another opportunity to host you next year.

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Hamilton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Great Location.
Plenty of eating places around. Nice shopping around.
Panera Bread is in the lobby as well.
Parking
Great Hyatt Experience.
Good sized rooms. Very quiet rooms as well.

I stayed here for about couple of weeks. Staff is very friendly as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Bawa S,

I was thrilled to hear you had a positive experience. Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and feedback. Bet it's not easy to be away from home for a couple of weeks, so I'm super glad you enjoyed.

It is our hope that you decide to stay with us again during your next visit.

Enjoy a super summer!
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Pretty standard Hyatt experience during my 2 night business stay. The positives:
Location can't be beat, restaurants and shopping just outside the building, pretty much anything you want, you can find in Reston Town Center, hotel self parking is free and easy to navigate, there is a huge Panera Bread store in the lobby of the hotel, so great quality food at reasonable prices is readily available. Negatives: the staff was on the reserved side - not very friendly, probably the most expensive hotel in the area.

The gym is large and spacious with plenty of elipticals and treadmills. Equipment is a little on the dated side.
Strangely, the swimming pool is only open from 5:00 pm to 8:00pm. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
HyattRegencyReston, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Longreach06830,

Thank you so much for your awesome review. It means a lot to us here. We are proud of our hotel and sensational location. So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Best wishes for a great rest of the summer. Hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Warm regards,
Ray Messina
Zumbrota, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was at a residency for my school at the Hyatt and the service was superb! In addition, you can walk to shops and restaurants from the hotel.The rooms were really quiet and the bed was heaven! I wanted to bring it home with me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Vikingink,

Thank you so much for sharing your great comments. This review will be posted in our employee hallways so all our employees feel the sense of pride of having provided for your positive experience.

As I moved here from Minneapolis myself, was especially happy to learn that we met your expectations.

Best wishes. Hopefully you'll choose us again in the future,
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Room was fine, what you can expect from a Hyatt.

It appears to us tht the hotel has too many rooms and not enough infrastructure. Elevators were very slow and upon checkout, the phone nor web checkout worked. Unfortunate for the quality of the room.

Great staff and location but probably wouldnt stay again if not enjoying Reston town center.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Elmcityboy,

Your candid feedback was appreciated. Sorry to hear of your concerns with our phone and network system. Yes, regretfully our phone and network systems were indeed affected by the historic weather event that impacted the whole mid-atlantic region. 1.3 million customers were left without power for several days.

It is our hope that you re-consider and decide to stay with us again when traveling this way in the future. I'm sure you would not be dissapointed.

Regards & safe travels,
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hyatt for 3 nights for a family wedding. I shared the room with my husband. The closet and bathroom area were so enclosed; one guest had to "step out" before another person could use that area. The closet was ill-designed. Your clothes had to hang sideways because the closet was not deep enough to handle the width of a hanger. And your clothes were hidden behind the sliding door to where you could not reach them. If you are a busy traveler traveling alone with limited clothes then this property is OK. If it is for longer a longer period , you will find this room too crowded and poorly designed. If you do not mind putting your luggage and clothes on the large couch- then you will manage just fine. They did do a good job however in the morning with the breakfast buffet area- keeping it stocked with plenty of items. We were there during 105 degree and thank goodness their AC units worked very well.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be pretty quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Laurel,

Thank you for sharing your candid comments. I was saddened to ehar that our guest rooms did not meet your expectations. they are certainly among the largest in this market area. Your kind feedback about the restaurant was much appreciated.

Asheville NC is a beautiful town. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of hosting you again during your next visit.

Regards and enjoy your summer,
Fair Haven, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed for a 3 day conference and want to say how wonderful the staff was! Everyone was helpful, courteous and genuinely concerned for all of our needs. The rooms were clean, updated, and everything was in perfect working order. The room service food arrived quickly and hot! This hotel is located in the town center with many great restaurants in walking distance. I would not hesitate to stay here and will be returning again and again! The only drawback is that they charge extra to have a refrigerator in your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room...I am not sure but the room seemed bigger than my friends who did not have a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Diana,

I was thrilled to hear of your positive experience. Thanks for the kind comments. I trust the pageant also was memorable as well for your family.

Rest assured, Rita will receive kudos for taking good care of you. She is a true gem!

regards, enjoy your summer, and we hope to see you again during your next visit.

Ray

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!