“Above par service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Above par service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Hyatt Reston. I decided to write a second review because the staff really went above and beyond. First, this was my second encounter with their driver George who runs the shuttle from Dulles to the hotel. He gave the same outstanding service this year as he did last year. When I checked in, there was a bit of a line. Suddenly, a staff member appeared and took those of us who were waiting over to the computer kiosks to help us check in. I had a similar pleasant experience at checkout.

When I got up to my room, neither of my keys actually worked. I returned to the front desk to get a new set, and was promptly offered a complimentary breakfast for my trouble! The room was clean, comfortable, and relaxing. I'm still a little miffed that the amenities were so overpriced, such as Internet and on demand movies, but I didn't have any time to use them.

Their staff is on the ball!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear ColoradoDad,

We certainly appreciate your taking time to write another review. The best compliment we can receive is to have our guests return. I have shared your compliments with George and our hotel staff. It truly is the exceptional service our associates provide guests such as you, that sets us apart from the rest. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year, if not sooner!

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
Hastings on Hudson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times and each time they have not disappointed. The hotel is clean and has a great location with easy access to the airport.

Room Tip: request a room with a view of Reston town Center ...at night it is a very pretty sight
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HyattRegencyReston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Sunpyrat,

Thank you for being such a loyal customer! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you again!

Tammy
Reston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed in a corner room with a king-size. There was plenty of room but since we were only there for one night, we didn't really need it. The hotel sits right in the middle of the Reston Town Center, so there is plenty of restaurants and shopping. We had a package that included breakfast in the Market Street Grill. The service and food was very good, but if you were paying, I hope you are on an expense account. The breakfast buffet was $22.00 per person. A la carte was about the same. If you can get a deal, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a corner room, with windows on 2 sides.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bstosch,

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel of choice for a night away with your wife. I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of one of our many packages. Being local to our area, your choice to stay with us is quite a compliment. We hope to see you again soon!

Tammy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

A few things have changed since my last visit but generally the hotel is fine.

They seem to have more people around the check in and out area helping guests. I checked in online but didn't find it made the check in any faster or offered a discernible benefit.

There was an issue trying to purchase Internet which meant I paid 3 times but the staff rectified this the following morning.

Breakfast was not as impressive as my last stay. The service was fine but the menu wasn't as good.

In all though, it's a decent hotel and worth a look in Reston.

On the plus, they have great soaps at this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the town square
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear citisurfer,

Thank you for your feedback. Reviews such as yours truly helps us evaluate our performance and make appropriate changes so we can better serve you in the future. Please accept my apologies for the issues with the internet service, and am pleased to see that we were able to correct the charges. Further, if there are particular items missed on the breakfast buffet, please contact me to let me know any specifics and we will make those accommodations. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt. We appreciate your business.

David
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was my second time staying for a conference that was being hosted in the hotel. Arrived early and was able to get into my room with no problem. Room was neat as a pin and comfortable. As I was staying 4 nights, it was nice to be given a corner room that I could spread out in for the week as well. While I did not eat any the restaurant this time, I must say that the conference catering done by the hotel was very good. Everything was delicious. The Town Centre is convenient for a business traveller to get out and go for a walk after the end of the conference day as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear travellerino,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is always great to hear from our returning guests! I’m glad our staff was able to accommodate your early arrival and that you found your room to be spacious and comfortable. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our culinary and catering staff about the great dining experience you had during your meetings. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back once again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Probably best hotel in Reston but that's not saying much.

It's clean and comfortable, reasonable sized rooms, good gym, and generally friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Barnessw,

I would agree that our hotel is the best in Reston, especially due to our convenient location to shopping and dining in Reston Town Center. I hope your positive experience with our staff and hotel facilities would make us your first choice when making any return visits to Reston.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Good hotel. Staff were very customer friendly. Big rooms and very comfortable. Good pool facilities (but only open after 5pm). Free wifi in foyer and internet PCs for guests

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear UkBleep,

I am happy to hear you had a comfortable and friendly visit with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again should your travel plans bring you back to our area.

David Eisenman, General Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!