“Standards are Slipping but Generally it's fine” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Standards are Slipping but Generally it's fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

A few things have changed since my last visit but generally the hotel is fine.

They seem to have more people around the check in and out area helping guests. I checked in online but didn't find it made the check in any faster or offered a discernible benefit.

There was an issue trying to purchase Internet which meant I paid 3 times but the staff rectified this the following morning.

Breakfast was not as impressive as my last stay. The service was fine but the menu wasn't as good.

In all though, it's a decent hotel and worth a look in Reston.

On the plus, they have great soaps at this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the town square
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear citisurfer,

Thank you for your feedback. Reviews such as yours truly helps us evaluate our performance and make appropriate changes so we can better serve you in the future. Please accept my apologies for the issues with the internet service, and am pleased to see that we were able to correct the charges. Further, if there are particular items missed on the breakfast buffet, please contact me to let me know any specifics and we will make those accommodations. Thank you again for choosing Hyatt. We appreciate your business.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was my second time staying for a conference that was being hosted in the hotel. Arrived early and was able to get into my room with no problem. Room was neat as a pin and comfortable. As I was staying 4 nights, it was nice to be given a corner room that I could spread out in for the week as well. While I did not eat any the restaurant this time, I must say that the conference catering done by the hotel was very good. Everything was delicious. The Town Centre is convenient for a business traveller to get out and go for a walk after the end of the conference day as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear travellerino,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is always great to hear from our returning guests! I’m glad our staff was able to accommodate your early arrival and that you found your room to be spacious and comfortable. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our culinary and catering staff about the great dining experience you had during your meetings. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back once again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Probably best hotel in Reston but that's not saying much.

It's clean and comfortable, reasonable sized rooms, good gym, and generally friendly staff.

Dear Barnessw,

I would agree that our hotel is the best in Reston, especially due to our convenient location to shopping and dining in Reston Town Center. I hope your positive experience with our staff and hotel facilities would make us your first choice when making any return visits to Reston.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Good hotel. Staff were very customer friendly. Big rooms and very comfortable. Good pool facilities (but only open after 5pm). Free wifi in foyer and internet PCs for guests

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear UkBleep,

I am happy to hear you had a comfortable and friendly visit with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again should your travel plans bring you back to our area.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

I was there as a speaker to a conference being hosted by tat hotel. Nice spacious clean rooms. Courteous staff, and a very nice lobby with a bar attached. Lobby gives you a atrium like feel, so enjoyed having a drink with my colleagues there.

The best part of the hotel is its beautiful located. Once you exit from the back crossing the convenient Panera Bread you are into a huge nice market place like square, which is very lively and beautiful. You have a huge selection of all kinds of restaurants. The choice available can make decisions difficult, but love that choice, as I rarely like the food served in most in dining hotels.

Likes:
1. If you are looking for a place in Reston, this is a perfect choice
2. Friendly staff and satisfactory service
3. Nice bright and spacious lobby with bar service
4. Good breakfast options at the Market Street Grill restaurant.

Dislikes:
1: Electrical outlets could be paced more conveniently
2. Bar closes earlier making it quite dull late nights after 10.00pm or so.

Stayed April 2012
Dear dileepsri,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. It is great to see that you really enjoyed our location in Reston Town Center. This is definitely a plus for our guests. I am also pleased to see that you encountered our friendly staff and were able to enjoy relaxing in the newly remodeled Conservatory Lounge. Although the Conservatory closes earlier during the week, Market Street Bar is open until midnight or later each day. I have also made note of your recommendation for more outlets in the guestroom. We are planning to make more outlets available near the nightstands in our next guestroom renovation. I hope you will stay with us again should your travel plans bring you back to Northern Virginia in the future.

Yokohama, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

intense 4 days, including the good pool where my 6 years old could spend his energy after folding origami during the sessions

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I first stayed at Hyatt Reston in the mid-90's and it was pretty spectacular at that time, being a cornerstone of the new Reston Town Center. Returning 15+ years later, I'm still impressed. They've updated the lobby bar (Conservatory) with modern high-back seating which provides several cozy areas and lends itself to private conversations, despite being a public space. The rooms are well kept up, albeit with some 90's/00-era decor. Breakfast was included with our AAA room rate and is hosted at Market St. Grill. Service here was hit and miss with exceptional service one day and mediocre on the second (a much busier morning) but the food was good quality and selection.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear sailor279,

One of the best compliments we can receive is to have a returning guest, even if it has been 15 years ago! I truly appreciate your making a return visit to our hotel and am happy to hear that we continue to make a great impression. It’s nice to know that you noticed the recent updates we have made to the Conservatory Lounge, located in the atrium lobby, and that you enjoyed your breakfast in Market Street Bar & Grill. I do apologize for the less than perfect service you received on your second morning. Regardless of how busy we are, our level of service is top priority. Should your travel plans bring you back to Northern Virginia, we look forward to being of service to you again.

David Eisenman, General Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!