“Thanksgiving Base Station for Relative Gathering” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Marietta, Georgia
“Thanksgiving Base Station for Relative Gathering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We have stayed at the Reston Hyatt for the past 4 out of 5 years to celebrate Thanksgiving with our daughter and family. We meet there because none of us any longer live in Reston and the Hyatt acts as our home base to celebrate Thanksgiving. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff friendly. The problem is that for the past 2 years or so they have not had the hospitality level open. We miss that because it afforded us a place to gather more privately than in the main level open spaces with the general public. We love that in the hotel there is a pool for the 3 grandchildren to use, and wonderful closeby access to restaurants, stores, movies and the great covered outdoor ice rink.

Room Tip: Select a south side quieter room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear 30067Nana,

I am so glad to hear we are your "home away from home" when reuniting with your family for Thanksgiving! We truly appreciate that you continue to return each year. Unfortunately when the hotel isn't very busy, we do close the Regency Club since we don't have the bookings to keep it open. Of course you are always welcome to gather in Market Street or in one of the many seating areas on the second floor, which tend to be quieter on the weekend. We hope you have a wonderful holiday and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

David Eisenman, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stay here annually for my husband's holiday party located at a nearby restaurant. We are always pleased with the service and quality of our room. The location cannot be beat.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyReston, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
schk,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We hope to see you again soon, if not next year! Have a wonderful holiday!

Carol
PennsylCarolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I was stranded at Dulles Airport returning from a business trip to San Fancisco and chose this property to overnight. I've stayed here many times in similar situations. I like the location--it's the only hotel within walking distance of Reston Town Center, which has several restaurants and shops. The property is typically Hyatt--well appointed rooms, nice lobby, well-located, friendly staff, free shuttle. My complaint with this property, maybe even the entire Hyatt chain, is the nickel and diming that is becoming more like 10 dollaring and 20 dollaring. Free internet? Not here. Complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning? Used to, but not anymore. Of course a Panera with a line out of the building is now located right off of the lobby selling coffee to a captive market. But here is what topped everything and motivated this review: I was traveling with perishable food in need of refrigeration. Most major hotel chains have let me store perishable items in their restaurant refrigerators overnight if the rooms don't have refrigerators. Not here! At check-in, I was told that Hyatt's policy was not to allow guests' perishables to be stored in the hotel's walk-in, but they would rent me a refrigerator for $25.00 a night. $25.00 for a s#%$@y little hotel refrigerator???!!! Give me a break! After a lot of discussion, the manager did the right thing, made a one-time exception and gave me the refrigerator on the house. Kudos to compassion and reason! I still love this property for the reasons given above, but I feel sort of crappy for having to fight for what most hotels offer in the high price of a luxury room. Come on Hyatt. You're making enough money on the price of your rooms--throw us a bone or two!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear NittanyHeel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our service. Although I am happy to learn that you love our hotel and have been a loyal customer, I am truly disappointed to hear you felt you were charged excessively. Most of the full service hotels in our category and market do charge for Internet and coffee service. Unfortunately our staff was correct about storing guest items in the hotel refrigerators. We are not permitted to store these items in our kitchen due to local health regulation policies and possible liability. I am happy to see that our staff accommodated your needs with a complimentary refrigerator for your guestroom. I hope you will still consider our hotel should your travel plans bring you back to our area.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I was at the Hyatt, Reston this past week and the hotel provided excellent service and good facilities.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear schk,

Thanks so much for posting your review. We're happy to have you back and look forward to seeing you again!

Happy Holidays!

Carol, Guest Relations
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

As a military service member, it was very disappointing to have the Hyatt refuse to refund a deposit made within four hours. I appreciate the fact that a hotel must accept a deposit for a hotel room; however, if there is a last minute change due to military orders, the hotel should be accommodating for military servicemen.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Ric R,

Thank you for informing us of your concern. We truly value and appreciate what military servicemen and women do for our country. Of course any military orders would be an exception to our cancellation policy. I would like to get more information on how you made your reservations so that we can get this resolved for you immediately. Often times if your reservations are made through a site other than Hyatt.com, they have there own payment terms. Please contact me so that we can get this remedy this for you.

Carol, Guest Relations
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Rooms are cleaned and comfortable. Staff is nice, specially the waiters at the restaurant (Sr. Jorge, Pedro and a Philippine lady whose name I do not know how to spell)
If you want to walk to the office in Reston Town Center, this is the place to stay.
You can take a bus,one block from the hotel to go to the metro that will take you to DC. Very convenient (40 minutes total, to Metro Center station)
Shuttle bus to the airport every hour, if you miss it and are in a hurry, there are always taxis in the front door.
Front desk staff is very friendly, and they also managed to settled me a good price late check out.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front. It was really nice waking up with the sunrise. The view was beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear VeroArgentinaJapon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and provide recommendations for our future guests. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the front desk and restaurant staff you so graciously mentioned. I am glad you had a pleasurable stay and enjoyed the convenience our location provided. Should your travels bring you back to Northern Virginia, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is very beautiful. The room and bed were great. The staff went above to accommodate me with unusual check in and out. I also had a knee injury of which one of the hotel drivers and managers were wonderfully helpful.

• Stayed September 2011
HyattRegencyReston, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Reston, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear slbmcp,

I appreciate time you took to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay an exceptional one. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

David Eisenman, General Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!