“Very convenient for Dulles Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reston
GreenLeadersBronze level
LONDON
“Very convenient for Dulles Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

Stayed after flying into Dulles from London. Lovely hotel right in town centre. Can step outside to shopping and dining. Room was fairly standard but large and well furnished. Nice bathroom. Bed was like sleeping on air. Hotel staff very efficient and friendly. Buffet breakfast very good with plenty of choice. A large choice of good restaurants in Reston Town Centre, which is small enough to get to any restaurant without a long walk. Lovely stores and not too busy. Ideal for overnight after a long flight.

• Liked — comfortable beds and luxurious surroundings
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

I stayed here in July for a business trip for five nights. I had a great experience overall. Check-in was a breeze as I was done in less than five minutes. I originally asked for double beds because I thought my family might come down later during the week, however about an hour after checking in I changed my mind and asked to be moved to a room with a King bed. The staff was curteous and had no problem to move me. The room was nice with modern and new looking furniture and it was spacious. The bed was absolutely wonderful. I slept really well the entire time I was there.The lobby was great it was spacious and had nice lighting. The gym had some decent equipement and the indoor pool was great. The one day I tried the jacuzzin the water was not really that hot and they had problems trying to heat it up... but not a big deal. I did not like that I had to pay $10 a night for Wi-Fi in my room, especially after paying $319 a night. However, if you go to the lobby you can catch the free signal from Panera Bread restaurant which has an entrance from the hotel lobby. I saw many people doing this and I tried this on my last day and it worked fine. One of the great things about this hotel is the location. From the back and side entrances of the hotel you walk out to local shops and restaurants. Within a 1-3 minute walk you have a choice of upto 6-7 restaurants. There are high-end shops all around and a movie theatre right down the street. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Room and location
  • Disliked — Paying for Wi-Fi
west coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

Stayed here four nights for a business meeting. Hotel was very clean, service was great and room service was actually decent. Very good restaurant selections within blocks, some higher-end retail shops and a decent golf course within walking distance. If you are near Dulles, it's only about 10-15 minutes away and I would definately recommend booking here.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Nice property well located near Dulles airport. Near plenty of shopping and restaurants. Good Regency Club too.

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for seven nights. We had originally planned to be at this hotel our entire trip, but due to a family emergency, we had to arrive sooner. They did not have room for us, so our first four nights were spent at the Embassy Suites, Tysons Corner - preferred overall. When we got to the hotel, we were given a room directly overlooking the ugly rock roof. Since we were staying for such a long period and not a very happy occasion, I requested a room with a better view. They then put us into a room with a fabulous view, but neglected to notice that my son and I had booked a room with two beds - not the one bed that this one had. We then had to go again to the lobby to obtain a key to a room with two beds, and once we got into this room, it did have two beds, but again had the ugly view. I went to the front and very calmly and quietly explained the situation to the mgr who then kindly escorted us to two more rooms, allowing us a choice - very nice. The room's view was very good, however, there was a constant noise and the beds vibrated continuously - we didn't want to press our luck mentioning it, so we stuffed pillows between the headboards and the wall to lessen the vibrations throughout the night.
The food in the restaurant is very good - buffet is best choice - the servers are very nice. Two main downsides for this property are the $13.95 charge for the business center (15 minutes only) and the $5.00 charge to use the exercise room. Other hotels provide these as a courtesy. I make frequent trips to this area, and will not be choosing this hotel again, although the area is very nice - I will stop and shop there.

• Liked — Proximity to Dulles Airport
  • Disliked — Cost of incidentals (business center, fitness center)
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
thebeatgoeson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2007

If you are visiting Washington DC this is the hotel for you. The hotel is set among a lovely area of shops and restaurants. There is a bus which will take you to the metro station. The underground train takes about 25 minits. The cost for a day travel card is about 6 dollars. Make sure you have the right change as you can not get any at the station. If you take your car there is free parking.
The hotel is large and clean. There is a great deli where you can buy great sandwiches, salads, pizzas, wonderful pastries. I had a room on the 15th floor which is the club floor. Breaksfast was included (continental) also snacks at certain times in the day. Only one criticism ask for a room away from the staff stairs this can be noisy,

• Liked — Hotel very clean
  • Disliked — Noisy if room is next to the stairs
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Mars, Pennslyvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days for Memorial Day 2007,
When we checked in, and the hotel and they were oversold, and then gave us a free night at the Sheraton Reston Hotel. Then they gave us 2 breakfast vouchers, which the breakfast buffet was perfect. They also gave us a room on top floor, the regency floor. The regency club was great too. What I liked was that the people who were staying on the regency floor, needed a card key to get to their floor. The location was very nice. The grounds were nicely decorated. The bellman was also very friendly, and attentative. The lobby was very elegant and welcoming. The pool was somewhat cool, and small, but nice. The hottub was nice the first day, but the next day it was closed because of a high level of chemicals. The jets weren't on and the floor of the hottub was scummy. The room was everthing I wanted. The beds were very soft. The tubs were huge. Also there was a tv and phone in the bathroom. Overall the hotel was very nice. I would stay there again.

• Liked — Great Service, Everyone would say hi to you, and call you MR or MRS.
  • Disliked — Small Pool and Dirty hottub.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon
4.5 of 5 stars 143 reviews
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hyatt Regency Reston? Share your experiences!